Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2016, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 LE Digi 003, no sound from waveforms

I just did as you suggested. Everything is working with the current song I am recording and I have a session today that hopefully will go well. Not sure if this will keep happening or not. If it does not, I just may upgrade and hope that solves this intermittent issue.

thanks for your suggestions
Old 01-16-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunch View Post
I just did as you suggested. Everything is working with the current song I am recording and I have a session today that hopefully will go well. Not sure if this will keep happening or not. If it does not, I just may upgrade and hope that solves this intermittent issue.

thanks for your suggestions
Just so you know, upgrades generally do not solve issues like this. I would try trashing prefs. Or maybe create a new blank session and import session data(a few tracks at a time), test; if that batch of tracks as okay, save/close/open and import a few more tracks. Repeat as needed(and keep fingers crossed).

Grasping at straws again, create some blank AUDIO tracks, copy/paste the wave from the silent track to a new track and see what happens. troubleshooting can sometimes feel like "black magic", but try to be methodical, and root thru this bad session, comparing to a working one. If its only a track or two, use Import Session Data into a new session, or maybe import into a known working session, just to see what happens. Remember, if you do this, you can close a session without saving, OR use the Save As command and give it a name that makes sense, like "songname_experiment". Once you get it figured out(or have given up) you can delete these session icons

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-17-2016, 08:44 AM

I upgraded to PT 12.4 and am problem solving instillation now and will post on another board. I hope that my issues don't continue in pt 12.4.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:37 PM

I upgraded to PT 12 and have not had the same issues. Thanks for your input and I have another question related to PT 12 and divi 003 that I will post in a different thread.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:28 PM

Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live