Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-24-2009, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Shan!! Need help_Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar97 View Post

.... I think that if I see the inout output between the 2 programs I will understand it better. I only want to work in MIDI in Reaper and everything else in protools. I think your reasearch on this is great and I love the idea of bouncing midi to audio instead of real time in protools. Plus I can now use Kontakt in Reaper. I have tried and still am getting a bunch of latency and then a feedback midi loop in protools. I set up 2 instrument tracks in protools and put rewire only in them for Reaper. I then opened up reaper and made the VI tracks just sending out to digi 1/2 stereo. This is where the wheels fell off of it.
I'll have a look at this. Give me a day or so as I'm not in front of my rig at the moment.

Quote:
One more question have you got the record/stop/play and rewind on the digi 003 to work with Reaper? That seems to be another issue.
I use a 003R so I cant help you out with the Digi hardware controls.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 04-24-2009, 02:24 PM

Thanks bro. I will be out this weekend anyway so I will wait for you to do it for me.

For all complaints click here

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent
Old 04-24-2009, 10:44 PM

when you select reaper as an insert on whatever track you're trying to use...you shouldn't have to open reaper. it should just automagically open in the correct mode (i.e. slaved to pt via rewire). i've never had issues with midi feedback loops, though.
i think i can throw something basic together for you (i.e. 2 midi tracks pointing to vi's in reaper, whose audio comes back to pt on auxes...)
i do not have ezd or kontakt though...any other vi's in common we could work with?

kell
Old 04-25-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelldammit View Post
i think i can throw something basic together for you (i.e. 2 midi tracks pointing to vi's in reaper, whose audio comes back to pt on auxes...)
i do not have ezd or kontakt though...any other vi's in common we could work with?

kell
Just use ReaSynth for a template. I cant get to this for a few days myself.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 04-28-2009, 05:29 PM

I created a Reaper Track preset for this. I'll have to post it later on though.

Not sure if my preset will work with the current version of Reaper as mine is always the recent beta...and very custom modified. If not, screen shots will work.

Shane

Old 04-29-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelldammit View Post
when you select reaper as an insert on whatever track you're trying to use...you shouldn't have to open reaper. it should just automagically open in the correct mode (i.e. slaved to pt via rewire). i've never had issues with midi feedback loops, though.

kell
Thanks Kell. We are on vacation this week and will be back Sunday. Just make a pretend track and I will add the VI to them. The reason I want a couple of them on both DAWS is to make sure I have a template that will work with at least 2 VI's. I hope you get one made for me. I am on PT8.

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I created a Reaper Track preset for this. I'll have to post it later on though.

Not sure if my preset will work with the current version of Reaper as mine is always the recent beta...and very custom modified. If not, screen shots will work.

Shane
Thanks Shan. Just let me know when you get something

DAW
-
Old 04-29-2009, 11:40 PM

Hopefully this will make sense:

The VI Host track in Reaper.

The ReWire channel routing to send the audio into PT. I used ReWire channel 7 in this example.

The PT setup.

Hit "T" in Reaper(when ReWired into PT of course) and import this VI Host track template(right click the link and Save As) all set up and ready to go.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Old 05-02-2009, 06:02 PM

Thanks Shan, I just got back in town. I will get to this tomorrow and let you know what I find out. I really appreciate you doing this for me.

PIP

DAW
-
Old 05-02-2009, 06:04 PM

One quick observation. How do you get it to work on stereo channel 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 etc? I only see one channel being sent to rewire

DAW
-