Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 AM

Default SSD 4 and instability

My system has been working trouble free, until installing SSD 4 EX. Now I get DAE error 7100 - the plug in hardly works (you might hear a part of a sample when you hit play, but probably not) plus PT9 doesn't respond well to control messages (spacebar for play, stop etc). I've reinstalled SSD 4 EX and no change - I'm running the samples off an external drive (as I do with other sample heavy programs) .... Has anyone tried this configuration successfully?

Thanks!
Apogee Duet
Metric Halo ULN-2
Digimax FS
Apogee Duet
Axiom Pro 49
Old 01-23-2012, 06:52 AM

Default Re: SSD 4 and instability

Just tried something which initially seems illogical, but works:

remove SSD 4plugin and replace with old kontakt 3 SSD EX ... system works (after the electronic eternity for loading). Then remove the plug in and instantiate SSD 4 ... now it works ... strange. Hopefully none of you experience this - in case, maybe my solution works?

Thanks!
Apogee Duet
Metric Halo ULN-2
Digimax FS
Apogee Duet
Axiom Pro 49
Old 01-23-2012, 07:28 AM

Default Re: SSD 4 and instability

I have been using SSD4 Platinum with Presonus Studio One, and I've had a lot of stability issues. Lots of crashes when loading kits. One load in particular, one of the graphics for the right crash went blank, everything seemed to freeze for a moment, and it hard closed Studio One. My initial feeling was SSD4 doesn't manage it's RAM usage very well, perhaps not properly clearing out used RAM before loading up new samples for a new kit. But I'm replacing my RAM for kicks just to see if things stabilize (I did get an error when running Rember when I last checked it).

I haven't used Pro Tools that much lately, but the few times I checked out SSD4 in it, I didn't have any problems. But again, I haven't tested it with Pro Tools nearly as much as I have with Studio One, so I've every reason to think I would have problems in PT too if I kept at it.