Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 07:26 PM

Default mastering songs

hey guyz... about a month ago I took 5 songs to a major mastering house... well.. the engineer there told me that my songs sounded good and the only thing that need it to be adjust was the vocals which I knew already since I'm recording with a KSM44sl and a Eureka Pre (I get a dry signal from this two).. he said that the bass was a little too low... well he gave me a reference CD... I took it home listen to it on my car... and my stereo... he boost the bass and the vocals sounded smoother... but the sound was very similar to the one I did my self... (a little better of couse)... ok... I notice he didn't ask me for a wav file CD or nothing... he told me to bring a regular CD... and he mastered everything from it... he put the CD on this CD player looking thing... and he did it... well... my question is... is there anybody out there that can do that??... I got great results from that session...but I don't want to pay that much money again... Can anybody with experience help me??.. I'm planning on mastering 5 songs (5 Intrumentals)... the stile of music is urban latin (hip hop, reggaeton/merengue).... and like I said... I don't want to send WAV files... just a regular CD... i guess acd format... (I think...)... I hope I made my self clear.... thanx...
Old 11-29-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: mastering songs

anyone who will master your material for free is either
totally in love with your material, totally in love
with your girlfriend or doesn't know what they're doing.

mastering is a very specialized and unique form of audio engineering
and worth every penny ( given an experienced engineer ) IMHO.

jeff
Old 11-29-2005, 02:57 PM

I never said I wanted the job to be done for free... I said I don't want to spend ALOT of money on songs that probably take about 15 to 30 mins to master... I've seen professionals offering good prices for mastering in this forums.... that's why i'm posting...
Old 11-29-2005, 03:13 PM

ok .. sorry i misunderstood ... send me email at:

jeff AT onthemarkmusic DOT com

and i'll send the names of some good (and reasonable)
mastering engineers.

jeff
Old 11-29-2005, 03:22 PM

cool thanx for the help man... my e-mail is [email protected]
Old 11-29-2005, 03:28 PM

Next time please post your question in Employment. You will get a better response
HerronSFX Instagram