Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2001, 08:34 PM

Default Re: EXTREMELY strange exploding sound!!!

Im also having my first time experiences with this sound, mine is like very loud white noise, since installing the waves gold 3.0 bundle. So the "fix" is not in my package. Is there another file to download from waves?I have captured this on a few recent bounce to disks files. I'll be gad to send them to you digi support if interested.
Old 08-08-2001, 12:09 AM

Finally it happened to me too. A loud loud noise after hitting the stop key... I'm using Waves 3.2 but i don't know if that is the reason. Anyway, thank god i wasn't using headphones. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I also use 5.1.1 and maybe as said before is a problem of too much editing [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I don't really know. Just my opinion.
Old 08-08-2001, 11:16 AM

I had this Happen while editing a solo classical guitar piece just before bouncing to disc (or just after), One d-verb plug, It happend a couple of times, . It was a little while back, Not happened since.

9 gig scussi audio drive
40 gig ata system drive
B&W G3

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2001, 05:58 PM

I had the SES dozens of times every day once I bought Waves Gold (DP500G4/Logic/001) but it just completely disappeared about 6 weeks ago, and I don't know why. The only thing that changed about my setup at that time was that I stopped using a heavy-CPU reverb plugin and began using a lightpipe loop into a hardware reverb instead as a method of reducing CPU load. While I still use a lot of heavy plugs (C4, +L1, etc.) this has dramatically lessened the load, and maybe that's the key...that when you reach the limits of what your system can do CPU-wise, the SES rears its ugly head. No telling, I guess.
Old 08-09-2001, 12:26 AM

Ok, it happened again and here is how it has gone. An OH track with a fade out in the end.

When the Fade is selected and played (small region), at the end when it stop the exploding sound beggins. It happened every time !! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

The thing is i've closed the session, re-opened and no problem at all.

BTW: in 5.1.1 i hear cracks and pops everytime i hit the space bar either to play or to stop the song. Anyone else has seen this ???