How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-24-2019, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Logic X Issues with Eucon 19.5.1

Hi @Matrixx, @robertg

Did you guys get these issues sorted?

I am on 19.9.1 and can not make sense of the insert or send section.
App shows no inserts even. though inserts are there.

Besides the issues listed in your posts I have a couple of others.

Selecting from app

Inserts -> Config -> insert1 -> audio units -> waves ->
The centre blocks are not updated with waves plugins they stay as per the previous screen showing manufacturers of audio units. If I select another manufacturer (e.g Native instruments) the centre blocks update to banks off plugins which I can select from app.

When instantiating plugins from the app I do not get a window launch in Logic, this did seem to happen previously with 19.9

when selecting EQ section, eq window launches in Logic however I only get Frequency and Gain without Q seems mapping is a little off or its user error.

any tips appreciated.

2019 15 inch MBP 2.4 Ghz i9
32 Gb Ram 2Tb SSD
OSX 10.4.6
Computer Connected Peripherals........
Protools Dock
2 x Digidesign 192 I/o, Sync I/o
Digico S21
Digigrid DLS
Caldigit TS3 Plus
Genelec SAM 8331
AXE FX 3
MOTU MIDI Express XT
TC Clarity M
Eventide H7600
Eventide Eclipse
Lexicon PCM 92
Lexicon PCM80
1 x 55 inch Samsung series 8 TV
2 x Sony Monitors

Lots of other gear not directly fly or through connected to computer....
Old 10-25-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
The last 3 have been reported to Apple as they are stuff not coming from Logic. The inserting a new plugin is very old and a reload of the session shows them.

Can you explain the Connection drop part? Do you still see Faders and Tracks on the Control App ? Are they just dead ? if you move them with the mouse do the move on screen?
Hello Eddie - as months (years?) roll on - do you have update from Apple that they are seeing these issues, working on them etc - we have submitted these as bugs as you say a long time ago but us Logic users do not get any communication from Apple as you know.

Was wondering if as a Avid partner you get any confirmation that they are working on/acknowledging these specific Logic issues?
Old 10-25-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooshieface View Post
Hi @Matrixx, @robertg

Selecting from app

The centre blocks are not updated with waves plugins they stay as per the previous screen showing manufacturers of audio units. If I select another manufacturer (e.g Native instruments) the centre blocks update to banks off plugins which I can select from app.

When instantiating plugins from the app I do not get a window launch in Logic, this did seem to happen previously with 19.9

when selecting EQ section, eq window launches in Logic however I only get Frequency and Gain without Q seems mapping is a little off or its user error.

any tips appreciated.

Inserted answers in your question in bold:

Sounds like a Waves plugin specific display issue - I dont have Waves but all my plugins show choices under manufacturer. BTW - sure you know this but with Logic Plugin Manager you can arrange all you plugins by category - dynamics, delay etc - I find this is easier to work with and not worry about who made them. And the good thing is Eucon sees Logic's plugin categories even custom ones you set up

I do. There is a setting in Eucontrol> General - a drop down with checkbox that lets you select this on bottom right. Also for closing on exiting.

That is not a bug. You just touch "Sel" beside the frequency parameter and it will alternate to Q
Old 08-20-2020, 02:13 PM

Hello.
I found out that the loss of connection and freezing of the Avid Controller happens exactly when I select a software instrument or audio plugin using this controller. It is better to do this with the Logic Remote or with the mouse, then the loss of connection and freezing does not occur.