Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 10-04-2018, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Is there a way to make these two sounds the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lue View Post
With all due respect, I do appreciate these tutorials but they are not beginner friendly. He doesn't give examples in the beginning to show me what he's actually going to do. The only way I can find out is watching 30 minutes of a video that may not actually have anything to do with what I want to know right now.

Yes, he shows how to get a punchier kick but in the end the result is just a slight difference (definitely an improvement) but what I want is not slight, I want a more heavy difference.

Yes, sure. Having punchy kicks are cool but I want to literally distort the kick into another kick. I do not only want it to be punchy. I want heavy FX that change the sound completely and I just can not find it anywhere.

I'm starting to think that it's not possible in pro tools.. even though I was sure that it was.
I think you are a little confused . All advice given are correct and can get you there to your goal . The thing is tha mixing is not a formula neither an act of magic . You have to learn some conepts first as a fundation and then go from there . Following what you say here i think you dont have this fundation and its ok . Just start building it by learning them .

What you want can be achived in any DAW or none if you dont know *what* to do .

I hope you can find the way to do it and rememeber to search some tutorial on acustic treatment too !
Old 10-04-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
I think you are a little confused . All advice given are correct and can get you there to your goal . The thing is tha mixing is not a formula neither an act of magic . You have to learn some conepts first as a fundation and then go from there . Following what you say here i think you dont have this fundation and its ok . Just start building it by learning them .

What you want can be achived in any DAW or none if you dont know *what* to do .

I hope you can find the way to do it and rememeber to search some tutorial on acustic treatment too !
Amen. One really needs to spend some time learning the basics before trying to morph sounds. There's so many ways to get to a sound; that's why there's no cookie-cutter approach that will work for everyone.

I've made a living in music and in my old day job as an EE working in aerospace doing things that weren't supposed to be possible with what I had at my disposal. The thing is I knew the fundamentals enough to stretch things beyond their supposed limits. Learning those fundamentals did lead to going down the wrong road at times but it really is possible to learn by one's failures. Nice thing with s/w is you can experiment to your heart's content and all you waste is some electricity and time but imagine the gain in thickening the synapses in one's brain by all the learning that goes on. Not quite Zen but close.

QAPLA!
Old 10-04-2018, 04:06 PM

Beginner-friendly approach would be buying a trigger plugin such s Slate Trigger, listenening to the samples and using the ones you like. then it doesn't matter a siht what you record as long as the transients are there to trigger
Old 10-05-2018, 06:07 AM

Or something like Waves' Torque where you can mess with the tuning and transients.