Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2010, 10:06 AM

Default Midas snake-MADI

I just saw this press release here
http://midasconsoles.com/pressreleas...al_snakes.html

I wonder if there will be a way to control this with the Profile and use the MADI card. It would sure be pretty cool to add a rack of Midas preamps to a mixrack.

Nicolas
Old 06-30-2010, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Midas snake-MADI

I wouldn't think that there was anything special enough about Midas pre's to warrant using them as a replacement for the Venue pre's. IMHO the Venue pre's are pretty pristene, even when compared to my high end Crookwoods.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Midas snake-MADI

In my and a few others ears opinion when A/B ing the two desks, most of us preferred the midas pre over the venue. Especially when exercising their peaking characteristics. When you really get a mix thick you can really hear a difference.
This is just a few opinions of a couple of guys that threw up the desks and said hey which one sounds more pleasing.

Is it means for buying Midas pre amps to put in front of a Venue; IMO not at all, for someone that has the cash to do so... why not just get a different desk?

Is it however a means of using one digital/analog splitter(431) that can save money truck space/weight and be useful and open to several different consoles and drive your pa all at the same time? Well for somebody Yea.

Product for the purpose.

Just Sayin.

humble regards