Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-04-2000, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Transfering note data from a sequencer to the sequencer of the digi 001 sequencer?

That was a darned good question!! I have an XP-80 and I looked for a way to do it, but I don't see how. It doesn't seem to be able to send song data via MIDI; it can only save to disk.

I hate to say it, but I think only feasable solution is to just get an external floppy drive so you can read properly from one machine to the other. Or find someone with both a Zip and floppy drive who will let you use their machine to transfer one to the other.

------------------
- Michael
OS 11.6.1 Big Sur
Old 11-04-2000, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Transfering note data from a sequencer to the sequencer of the digi 001 sequencer?

Hey, great controllers huh! The studio I'm using has one too, and I was thinking about doing the same thing, also want to use the arpeggiator in sync w/ PTLE but haven't figured it out yet. I think that transfering sequencer data over midi must be possible. Well, it should, dunno. I might try and check this one out. Would be cool to whip up a basic sequence in Roland and then pass over to graphical editing in PTLE. This is the idea, right? I like it. Although, I'm digging in to the PT sequencer more and more every day (just started to use it a couple days ago,) and hope to use it instead of the Roland.

------------------
-AT
Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth.~ Ludwig Van Beethoven
Old 11-04-2000, 11:48 PM

...Hmmm...you know, before I bail, this is a Jimmy Rig of an idea, but it will definitely work...Send clock from your Roland to sync w/ PTLE as slave and then PLAY your sequence into the PT sequencer as it records. I used to do this with a couple sequencers, and even if PT can't sync (which seems unlikely) then just hit start at the same time and quantize. Oh well, a little lame but doable. :-0

------------------
-AT
Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth.~ Ludwig Van Beethoven
Old 11-05-2000, 12:29 AM

Default Transfering note data from a sequencer to the sequencer of the digi 001 sequencer?

Is it possible to to transfer my sequences I made in my roland xp-80's sequencer to the sequencer in pro tools le so that that the note data is actually in the computer and will just control the xp-80's sounds?

Is it possible to do it by way of midi cables and not smf on a floppy disk?
(I don't have a floppy drive,mac g3 b&w)
Thanks,Anthony

------------------
Anthony