Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 02-15-2018, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Working with audio between Pro Tools + Premiere

Yes, I'm using an external time code generator as my master clock (using the Time Code Systems SyncOne. So i plug that into my mixer in an empty track and convert the LTC into an MTC using LockStep. LockStep converts the time code audio signla into a MIDI signal that Pro Tools can read. Then Pro Tools just follows that time code in the session.

When i bring the trakcs back into Pro Tools to mix, i know that the audio and the video are time code synced, and with the edit list from the editor, I CAN make the right cuts in my original tracks if i wanted to. I typically just work off the AAF files my editor gives me, but it's always good to keep your RAW files as a back up.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Working with audio between Pro Tools + Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yes, I'm using an external time code generator as my master clock (using the Time Code Systems SyncOne. So i plug that into my mixer in an empty track and convert the LTC into an MTC using LockStep. LockStep converts the time code audio signla into a MIDI signal that Pro Tools can read. Then Pro Tools just follows that time code in the session.

When i bring the trakcs back into Pro Tools to mix, i know that the audio and the video are time code synced, and with the edit list from the editor, I CAN make the right cuts in my original tracks if i wanted to. I typically just work off the AAF files my editor gives me, but it's always good to keep your RAW files as a back up.
Aah.. Makes more sense now..
Thanks..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk