Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 03-05-2013, 05:59 PM

Default Unused Plugins Folder

Hello All,
I recently installed 10.3.3 fresh on a brand new computer. It had no other instance of Pro Tools on the pc ever. I recently watch a Pro Tools tutorial video and it showed how you make a default eq in the preferences so you have a quicker way to select an eq. Not a big deal to me, but in the tutorial the guy selected EQIII 4 Band. I went and looked at my eq plugins and only saw 1 band and 7 band for EQIII. Now, with that said, I understand that in version 10.3.x I believe they replace them with AAX and got rid of EQIII 4 band. I found out the plugin is in the C:>Program Files>Common Files>Digidesign>DAE unused plugins folder. So I moved it back to plugins and now I have EQIII 4 band.

First, is it ok that I did this?... I don't want to screw anything up.

Second, there were several other plugins in that folder and I have no idea why. They all appear to be Pro Tools Plugins.

I'm just a little confused as this was a brand new install on a fresh pc. For those of you that have version 10.3.3, do you also have several plugins in the unused folder?

Thanks,
Doug D.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Unused Plugins Folder

I'd also like to see if there is a list of plugins somewhere so I can compare and make sure I have what I'm supposed to have. After reading some threads, it seems like missing plugins is a common theme. I found the plugins page on avid's site, but I think that shows several plugins that are not included with PT10. I just want to see a list of what is supposed to be there.

Thanks,
Doug D.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 PM

All,
Looks like I'm good to go. I printed the list at http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-...Specifications and made sure I have every single one. I went one by one. The only one I couldn't find for sure is the labeled "pitch." I have other pitch options though.

Anyway, thought I would share this in case anyone runs into the same problem as me. Again I had to copy the file from the unused folder in order to get the 4band eqIII back.

Thanks,
Doug D.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:13 AM

Re EQ III 4 band, I would let it go and simply use the 7 band version. There was little, if any difference in how much computer power for either and I have run dozens of the 7 band while tracking 32 inputs at the 64 buffer setting.

Re making any plugin a "favorite" for fast access, open the list and find the plugin(s) you use a lot and Ctrl-click on each. After that, just opening the Plugins menu will show your favorites right at the top

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-19-2017, 05:47 AM

Op, you have to try Funk Logic Mastererizer, these one of the best from the unused folder