Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 AM

Default Re: new user, i seriously HATE this company

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Some folks should be studio clients, some studio owners. The trick is to know who you should be. Or not.
Well said.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
Very good Spenner but I think you're not getting my point. Unless you have walked in my shoes your not qualified to slam my opinions! I am simply stating my own disappointment with how screwed the American consumer has become through media advertising ploys. check out some statistics on product recalls over the last decade! Just try finding a product here that isn't made in China! We've become sheep following the leader to, who knows where!
Sir, I will disagree with any opinion I want thank you very much.

Perhaps you should take your opinion to Capitol Hill. Why not become a politician and save the sheep?

In the meantime, without having walked in your sweaty shoes, your consumer rant has absolutely nothing to do with those who do not have sense enough to get PT to work, but who also think that it is a terrible program, still not having enough sense to know that, outside of their shoebox thinking, professionals use it every day to make a living.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way. There are advertised cures for male pattern baldness! Do they work? Who knows. But they sell a lot of the stuff! Just check out their advertising! Peace.
There are also advertised cures for DAW incompetence. Here you go. Do they work? I don't know, I use Pro Tools.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Sir, I will disagree with any opinion I want thank you very much.

There are also advertised cures for DAW incompetence. Here you go. Do they work? I don't know, I use Pro Tools.
Sooo Good Spenner :):):)

That is almost a contender for a new "sig" :) Great!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post

Love it
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Some folks should be studio clients, some studio owners. The trick is to know who you should be. Or not.
Too true.
Trying to record yourself, family and friends is a difficult process even if you know the AE and technical stuff inside and out.
No better way to crush creativity than spending an hour getting setup.

If you are a creative type why spend your time. treating rooms, buying equipment and getting it working, setting up mics, learning to record and mix.

Maybe if people spent their time on their skills and let their friendly local studio deal with this stuff they wouldn't have spend a fortune on editing and autotuning because they could actually sing on key and cut it on most of the parts.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:50 AM

Nice topic..

I need Pro Tools for post production and use it since 2007. I use it because that's what they've learned me. And all studio's use it here.

I've hated working with it every single day. There hasn't been a day without bugs, glitches or crashes. On both Windows and Mac platforms, in several studios. I even stopped working in one studio because the owner was so depressed. I walked in and he said to me: "Life sucks." Not as a joke but dead serious. Cause: His Altiverb suddenly failed to work. But clearly this was not the fist problem he had encountered with Pro Tools.

For MUSIC I always use FL studio. Hell, I can make a track in FL studio while Pro Tools is still starting up... (On an other computer, that is.)
By the time Pro Tools has started and I have a new session setup, my creativity and inspiration has been replaced by depression and disinterest.
I actually have a racket and a soft ball to play with to pass the time of startups.

There is only ONE certainty when working with Pro Tools: There will be problems. A good proof of that is that someone has actually written his own piece of software to deal with Pro Tools problems (Trasher)!! That is just the ultimate proof of how incredibly unstable and unreliable Pro Tools is.

Sorry folks I couldn't resist writing this
Old 04-06-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb View Post
By the time Pro Tools has started and I have a new session setup, my creativity and inspiration has been replaced by depression and disinterest.
Create yourself a template place it on the desktop, double click it and voila, save as with the new name of the session, no set up to make for each time you want to work and pro tools launches straight into the template. You're set to let your creativity soar.

Wave-T.com

Last edited by Emcha_audio; 04-06-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 AM

Being new to this forum, and to Pro Tools, I just felt the need to jump in here. I've been recording for many years, but, have only been using a DAW since 2006. For some reason I've avoided going digital (with the exception of ADATS).

My DAW of choice was Cakewalk Sonar, and I still use it ocassionally. I decided to give Pro Tools 10 (Windows 7) at try. Not being well versed in computer technology, I learned early-on that having the right computer, configured appropriately was the right way to go. So, I always have my systems built by a pro audio computer builder.

In doing so, I have had very few issues with any DAW I use. And most of those issues were user error.

I have had Pro Tools for several weeks now, including the Artist Control, and have had no problems, crashes etc, that were not related to user error. I have had little trouble transitioning to PT, and I find it very intuitive and stable on my system.

Although I do feel sorry for those having trouble, I think many fail to complete necessary configurations, or, try to use unsupported systems.

There will always be bugs and glitches in software, and if you do your homework BEFORE purchasing your system, you will have a very different experience, in my opinion.
Seagate 500G Sata 600 OS Drive, Seagate 1 TB Sata 600 Audio Drive, 8 gigs of ram, 700 watt Coolermaster Silent Pro power supply. Apollo Quad Interface, Burl B2 ADC, Dangerous D-Box, UAD 2 Duo, Avalon 737, UA 610 MK II, UA 1176 LN Hardware, Focal CMS 65 monitors, and a bunch of other stuff.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb View Post

There is only ONE certainty when working with Pro Tools: There will be problems. A good proof of that is that someone has actually written his own piece of software to deal with Pro Tools problems (Trasher)!! That is just the ultimate proof of how incredibly unstable and unreliable Pro Tools is.
I used PTLE from v6-v9 on Windows, and switched to HD Native and Mac at v9.
I've never had a single issue/problem with any of my PT rigs that wasn't user related.
I'd say that rather belies the above statement.
BTW- Trasher isn't a program to to "deal with Pro Tools Problems," it's a convenient, time saving app.
And Trasher's existence certainly isn't "utimate proof of how incredibly unstable and unreliable Pro Tools is."
Only trolls could see it as such.

Last edited by ejwells; 04-06-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Sooo Good Spenner :):):)

That is almost a contender for a new "sig" :) Great!
Have at it.

I just think the WWW can make the nay sayers feel empowered because it gives them a gathering place to rant. Away from that virtual gathering place I see professionals using both PT HD and PT Strawberry in amazing creative ways.

Rant on if you like. I do it too sometimes. The problem is when we think the entire universe mirrors our personal experience. Then we go on talking about sheep, the Chinese, recalls, and advertising ploys.