Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: DAE eroor -1123 not in answerbase.

Quote:
Digidesign,

Can you please give us an update on this issue?

Thanks,

Mike
I am going to a clint's house today to set up a 2.7 with his HD3Accel rig. I decided to go forward and order the machine last week only after seeing this thread die down. Imagine my concern to find that this issue remains unresolved, without even a "we're still working on it" from Digi.

You are still working on it, right?

Best.....H
Old 09-29-2005, 09:46 PM

I can't tell you how frustrated and disappointed I am about Digidesign's handling of this issue. Digi been completely silent about it since September 6th. It is not an isolated issue. There are many users who have been affected by it. It is reproducible and I am sure that Digi has seen it in house. As stated in a previous post it also makes it impossible for me to tell my consulting clients what kind of machine to purchase because I can't tell them where the problem lies. Please, Please, Pretty Please would Digi let us know if this is a MAc or Digi problem. I need to get this issue resolved. In addition, during this last month my 3 Month Apple phone support has run out and so if I this is an apple issue I will likely need to purchase Apple Care in order get it resolved.

With sincere disappointment,

Mike
Old 09-29-2005, 10:21 PM

I'm getting the feeling that nothing said on the DUC will prompt a response from Digi on the tougher issues. They have also gone silent on the "Massive Pack 4 Plugs Advertised As Full Versions But The McDSP Plugs Aren't - OOOPS Sorry We Didn't Have The Fine Print Anywhere Until After You Bought It" issue.

That issue is easily fixed (or it could be) - at least this one is more challenging. Still, a comment once a week wouldn't kill you, even if only to say "We don't have an answer yet."

Low marks, folks.

Best regards - really.....H
Old 10-02-2005, 05:59 PM

I posted before under the account Nedb (a friend and client). We have still had no info from digi on this. Gone back to an old G4. Please give us some info on this...........
Old 10-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Avid

We are still working on a solution. I will try to monitor this and report back once a week to keep you updated.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:11 PM

Quote:
We are still working on a solution. I will try to monitor this and report back once a week to keep you updated.
Much appreciated. Best....H
Old 10-07-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: DAE error -1123 not in answerbase.

Quote:
Reading through this thread, there doesn't yet seem to be a concensus as to where the problem lies other than it's limited to the latest generation G5s and is PCI related....
Apparently the -1123 error/flex cable issue is not limited to G5s, nor is it necessarily a function of a PT software update. It's also not limited to Tiger. My G4 Dual 1.25, 10.3.8, has been remarkably stable for the 18 months that I've been running HD3 Accel with a 32-bit, 13-slot Digidesign Expansion Chassis. That is--or was--until I added a new HD Accel card tonight, which triggered the error. This hardware addition is the only change to the system; no software was updated.

While not yet comprehensive, my troubleshooting well under way, so far including running DigiTest (the only failures were the TDM Flex Cables, as expected), zapping PRAM, trashing the usual prefs, repairing permissions, power-cycling the expansion chassis and 192 i/o, and restarting the Mac about a dozen times.

Upon launching PT, it first displays the -1123 error message, then gets hung up on the Flex Cable message, at which time I must Force Quit before restarting. I have not been able to successfully open Pro Tools since adding the 4th card.

Tomorrow I'll remove the new card and/or move it to a different slot, and try to at least get PT open, and share what I learn.

Incidentally, DigiTest displayed the three Accel cards, but not the HD Core. Is this significant?

System info: PT Ultimate 2019.6 HDX, Mac Pro 5,1 Westmere, OS 10.13.3, UAD2 Octo PCIe, 2x Lynx Aurora16 w LTHD cards, 1x Lynx Aurora(n) 32 ch analog I/O DigiLink, 4x Dangerous Convert-8 (AES via Lynx), Dangerous Convert-2 (AES via Lynx), Dangerous Vonvert AD+, Apogee Big Ben, SSD boot drive, external FW800 audio drives
Old 10-07-2005, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Tomorrow I'll remove the new card and/or move it to a different slot, and try to at least get PT open, and share what I learn...Incidentally, DigiTest displayed the three Accel cards, but not the HD Core. Is this significant?
The fix ultimately came down to re-seating the HD Core card.

After removing the three Accel cards, I got past the -1123 and Flex Cable errors, but was then stopped by a warning that Pro Tools could not locate the hardware, and that I should check to see if it was powered up. i assumed that warning refers to the 192 I/O or the expansion chassis, because whenever I saw that message in the past, power cycling did the trick. I learned from Digi Tech Support that the hardware location message refers to the Core card instead. That's why it did not show up in DigiTest. After popping out the card and re-seating it, the entire system works fine.

System info: PT Ultimate 2019.6 HDX, Mac Pro 5,1 Westmere, OS 10.13.3, UAD2 Octo PCIe, 2x Lynx Aurora16 w LTHD cards, 1x Lynx Aurora(n) 32 ch analog I/O DigiLink, 4x Dangerous Convert-8 (AES via Lynx), Dangerous Convert-2 (AES via Lynx), Dangerous Vonvert AD+, Apogee Big Ben, SSD boot drive, external FW800 audio drives
Old 10-17-2005, 07:50 PM

Hey good Digi folk:

On Oct 3rd you said, "We are still working on a solution. I will try to monitor this and report back once a week to keep you updated."

It has been 2 weeks and no update. We would really aprrecitae the weekly update.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 10-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Avid

We have made some progress with this issue.

Those customers experiencing the problem with the Power Mac G5 2.3GHz and 2.7GHz models where the third HD card may sometimes not be recognized and a "flex cable/-1123 error" occurs are invited to contact Digidesign Technical Support over the phone for troubleshooting and potential workarounds.

best regards,