Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2023, 01:05 PM

Default Eleven LE installer download

My back up external hard drive and main system hard drive both failed within a week or so of each other. I am rebuilding my system and the only plug in that I care about and can’t seem to find is Eleven LE. All of the down links that I’ve found are no longer available and my license isn’t working for Eleven Mark II. Can someone let me me know where I can find a current downloaded for Eleven LE?
Old 07-18-2023, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Eleven LE installer download

This page appears to still have good links.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ledge/zh425871

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 07-18-2023, 08:00 PM

Thanks James - those are good links but, unfortunately, they are for the RTAS version. I wold need an AAX installer for use with PT12. Good find though - way better than I came up with!
Old 07-18-2023, 08:42 PM

Eleven LE comes installed with your Pro Tools 12 as a stock plug-in - which version of Pro Tools do you own? (12.4/12.5.1/12.5.2 etc) - it's viewable in iLok License Manager

Eleven MK II is far better than Eleven LE– if you do own an Eleven MK II iLok license, I can send you the (Windows or Mac) Installer
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor
Old 07-18-2023, 09:15 PM

Eleven Lite comes installed with Pro Tools as a core plugin, I don't think Eleven LE aka Eleven ever has. Eleven II replaced Eleven/Eleven LE. There was an Eleven to Eleven II license upgrade program way back in time but I don't remember the details.

---

Avid has messed up all here, not only are the downloads missing but also much information online about Eleven II also has errors.

You can wait for somebody from Avid to maybe see this and try to help.

If you need something faster you can try filing a support case if you've got a support contract or want to purchase a ASC (avid support code) to contact support.

Take this as a learning lesson. You need proper backups (only having a single backup is a failure waiting to happen... its not uncommon for a bad drive/contents to overwrite a backup drive and/or crash while doing backup then where are you?) and for especially for this old software you're own copy of installers. Personally I'd give up on Pro Tools 12 and Eleven LE and get on a modern supported Pro Tools version like Pro Tools Studio, which either a subscription or perpetual licenses (with an active support/upgrade plan) includes Eleven II as a part of the complete plugin bundle. As mentioned, Eleven II was a nice improvement on Eleven. And there have been a lot of improvements to Pro Tools since 12.x, including Pro Tools Studio (aka standard) having many of the software features of Pro Tools HD.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:18 PM

I am on PT 12.5. The license for Eleven on my ilok is Eleven LE and the version in Pro Tools is marked either "free" or "lite." I'm fairly certain that they're different - I remember having the free/lite version when I first bought PT8 years ago and then I bought the Music Production Toolkit and I think Avid also bundled a more complete version of Eleven with like PT11 or so. Either way, before I had to wipe my hard drive last week, Eleven had like a dozen or so amps and the free/lite version that I have with the fresh install only has like 2 amps.

I did try to install Mark II but my license did not work for that - they want me to pay to upgrade but I really can't spend the money right now and I feel like I already paid for Eleven like twice now. Thanks for the offer though!
Old 07-18-2023, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Seizure View Post
I am on PT 12.5. The license for Eleven on my ilok is Eleven LE and the version in Pro Tools is marked either "free" or "lite." I'm fairly certain that they're different - I remember having the free/lite version when I first bought PT8 years ago and then I bought the Music Production Toolkit and I think Avid also bundled a more complete version of Eleven with like PT11 or so. Either way, before I had to wipe my hard drive last week, Eleven had like a dozen or so amps and the free/lite version that I have with the fresh install only has like 2 amps.

I did try to install Mark II but my license did not work for that - they want me to pay to upgrade but I really can't spend the money right now and I feel like I already paid for Eleven like twice now. Thanks for the offer though!
Yes you had Eleven LE, which is what you've already said. Eleven LE and Eleven were the same thing, Eleven had DSP support/licensed with HD. Eleven/Eleven LE was replaced by the significantly improved Eleven II. Eleven II is not expected to work with a Eleven LE/Eleven license, no surprises there.

Hopefully somebody can find you an old installer, in the meantime work on a better backup plan.
Old 07-18-2023, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Yes you had Eleven LE, which is what you've already said. Eleven LE and Eleven were the same thing, Eleven had DSP support/licensed with HD. Eleven/Eleven LE was replaced by the significantly improved Eleven II. Eleven II is not expected to work with a Eleven LE/Eleven license, no surprises there.

Hopefully somebody can find you an old installer, in the meantime work on a better backup plan.
Hi Darryl
I’ve Installers for Eleven_MK_II_12.3_Mac and Eleven_MK_II_12.3_Win,
both installs include legacy Eleven and Eleven LE plugins, according to:
https://www.avid.com/plugins/eleven-...Specifications

Could OP (Pete) install this, then delete Eleven_MK_II from the Plug-Ins Folder, to only use Eleven?
(I’m not sure if an Eleven LE license will also authorize an Eleven license)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor
Old 07-18-2023, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Hi Darryl
I’ve Installers for Eleven_MK_II_12.3_Mac and Eleven_MK_II_12.3_Win,
both installs include legacy Eleven and Eleven LE plugins, according to:
https://www.avid.com/plugins/eleven-...Specifications

Could OP (Pete) install this, then delete Eleven_MK_II from the Plug-Ins Folder, to only use Eleven?
(I’m not sure if an Eleven LE license will also authorize an Eleven license)
Nope.

You are misreading that (not greatly written) note, it's not that Eleven Mk II installers ever included Eleven/Eleven LE. The writer was confused between plugin (bundle) and amp model. Ah didn't a tall handsome stranger mention already so much of the Eleven/Eleven II info online contains errors?

It's just trying to say that that all the amp sim models in Eleven are included in Eleven II, that was a concern at the time with what would happen with sessions that used an Eleven plugin... and you installed Eleven II... and the answer was nothing, it was all designed to be backwards compatible. But you *are* installing Eleven II and not Eleven and need an Eleven II license to use any of the models in Eleven II.

And on a non-TDM system Eleven LE is effectively Eleven, it's all the exact same features/models. Eleven LE is all you can run on a native system (or was until Eleven II came out and they did away with the LE/DSP licensing differentiation). An Eleven LE license won't authorize Eleven on a TDM system, but the reverse worked. Eleven/Eleven LE was a single installer, you choose if you wanted to install TDM support (but needed the Eleven license to then use the TDM support).
Old 07-19-2023, 12:04 AM

I'll see if I can get someone to fix the download links here and also make this page easier to find.
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-and-Downloads

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control