Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2000, 10:51 AM

Default Can\'t authorize Protools LE

When I launch Protools LE (on a B&W 450 Mhz tower running MacOS 8.6) and it asks for an authorization code, I can only type letters - the numbers will not type! So I am still running the demo version.

This happens whether Num Lock is on or off, even with the regular numbers along the top of the keyboard.

No word on any FAQ or forum about this problem. Any hints appreciated.

-Alex Yourke
Old 09-25-2000, 04:36 AM
Avid

Default Re: Can\'t authorize Protools LE

Since the copy protection changed between Pro Tools 5.0 and 5.0.1, what version of the software did you install?

Brent
Old 10-28-2000, 04:40 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Yourke:
When I launch Protools LE (on a B&W 450 Mhz tower running MacOS 8.6) and it asks for an authorization code, I can only type letters - the numbers will not type! So I am still running the demo version.

This happens whether Num Lock is on or off, even with the regular numbers along the top of the keyboard.

No word on any FAQ or forum about this problem. Any hints appreciated.

-Alex Yourke
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm having the same problem running 5.01 LE for the Mac. I installed this, but I am unable to authorize either Dverb or Protools. Protools seems to run OK, however.
Old 11-05-2000, 11:49 AM

Solved - turns out I didn't have the right DVerb password and once I entered that correctly, I was able to authorize ProTools as well.

Hope this helps