Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 PM

Red face DAE error -7058

Hey just got a DAE error from trying to move the Eleven plugin down one slot in a channel... pro tools thought about it for a long time then came back with plugin could not be made active because of DAE error -7058... never seen this before ! does anyone know what dae -7058 means ... is there anywhere one can get a list of all the dae errors and what they relate to ?

cheers Mat
Old 06-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Avid

Default Re: DAE error -7058

7058 is a bit obscure - refers to an "uncopyprotected" plug-in being "caught"

Only occurs when dragging/copying it?
Was transport running?
100% Reproducible?

The full list is not suitable for common digestion at this time, but be patient...

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."
Old 06-22-2010, 04:24 AM

It happened while moving Eleven into a different slot... needless to say i own the license on my ilok. It is reproducible within that session... I had a BF Tuner plugin (RTAS) inserted before the TDM instance of Eleven... and i had four instances of Eleven in adjacent tracks.. I was able to move all the other elevens without a problem.. perhaps an issue with the BF tuner plugin ? actually it might have been the TL intune Plugin on this particular track.. cant remember but i switched between both tuner plugins to try them out and cant remember which one i had in the track ...

maybe has something to do with TL plug... it's a free plug that has no ilok auth ?

cheers M
Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Avid

Looking deeper into the code, the 7058 appears to call out specifically:

Metric Halo or Orange Vocoder plug-ins that were (at one time) had no valid authorization and have since been authorized.

Odd, I know.

If you remove all or certain plugs in that session besides Eleven I bet the error goes away?

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."
Old 06-22-2010, 03:18 PM

hmmm i did have a trial of channel strip (metric halo) never had orange... plugin hasn't been in my plugin folder for over 6 months now and is not in any insert slots as an unavailable plugin that was once loaded... not sure if this is the problem.... actually come to think of it i have two Eleven auth's on different iloks.. i have the valid auth on my main ilok which is what i use daily and the expired trial on my second ilok which only occasionally gets plugged in as it resides on my second computer with string libraries etc... could this be the problem i wonder... is it possible to get the trial removed especially seeings i have a full licence (got it with Massive Pack 7 from memory)