Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 11:30 PM

Default 2004 ~ A great year for me; a sad year for the DUC

The year 2004 brought so many good things and so many bad things. There were new friends I met, and friends I lost contact with; whether in human form or in digital 0's and 1's. It was a year of discovery, and also a year of letting the past go. There was new equipment purchased, and there was also a lot of equipment broken or lost.

In good news, Yvonne and I have moved into our little abode, and have been here for nearly 8 months. This, of course, showed us new things about each other... some things good, and some just plain evil...

As far as equipment goes, I thin this year I loaded up with:

Gibson SG Voodoo
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood
Kurzweil K2000VP
Korg DS-8
E-Mu Vintage Keys Pro
and some Alesis M1Mk2's.
(also, a AMD 3500+ plus system to boot)
Maybe not a HUGE amount of stuff, but certainly enough to keep me occupied.

My best friend Moved to Arizona; Then got married; then back to California; then back to Arizona; then filed for Divorce.. All within about 9 months, all of which were in 2004. This was one of the darker sides of 2004. Such a shame.

The DUC seemed to have run away. Filled with mostly inane posts and childlike banter. There are a lot of good things that have been brought up and discussed, but as far as I have noticed, its mostly a red year for the DUC in my books.

Especially with the killing off of the 001. I still use it daily, and it still works like a charm.

In saddening news, and probably the worst news Ive been close too in my entire time on the DUC, one of our fellow DUC'ers lost his daughter this year. This came as a shock to all who knew him and of his daughter. Rest In Peace little Taylor.
---

So, what did I learn this year?

I learned about friends and family. About Happiness as the inanimate object it really is, and not just a pile of money waiting to get spent.

Too many people that are so close to slipping away from our lives; and we may not even know it.
Sure, I have a new guitar, but I would gladly trade it for a friendship perhaps lost, or forgotten about over time...

The surprise loss of Taylor really hurt me inside. I knew Scoobster from many moons ago, and he was always the gentlest guy and to see of him suffering like that; its just shows me how much we do need each other and how real friends are the only things that can last in this cruel world.

Everybody, have a safe and happy new year; and I think we should forget about new years resolutions, but rather just reflect on what the past year has meant to you, and how to preserve what sanctity it may have brought.

=-Ben
Old 01-01-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Re: 2004 ~ A great year for me; a sad year for the DUC

2004 gave me my son William and my life is forever changed. Now I can't buy nearly as much gear as I would have. Just kidding.
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com
Old 01-01-2005, 11:12 AM

May the lights shine bright on your new home, you and all your loved ones.
Have a great, healthy and prosperous 2005, Mr. Pants.

> a friend from the North <

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-01-2005, 12:16 PM

You Too Mr Lemix. Have a good year!

And Drink Responsibly!

=-Ben
Old 01-01-2005, 12:28 PM

But of course,Captain...thanx..

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-01-2005, 01:18 PM

Hey Captain !

Life presents us with everything it can throw at us. I would like to believe that it is for building one's self, that which makes us our being. This is what makes meeting people an event, one to cherish, that being friendship.

Please have a GREAT 2005 !

Take Care,
Gene