Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2014, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack won't boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad383music View Post
Can I just say that in all my 38 years on this orb we live on, I have never had any people or company with as much drive and determination to keep a customer happy. Bruce Paine, Hiro and Chris when they were here in the very early days,Steve from ACS and Avid in general, thank you sincerely for your commitment to caring for and helping your customers.

I put my hand up and say I've had my share of gripes with the company, but when nuts comes to guts, I have never been let down. Hand on heart the eleven rack people are the best I have ever dealt with. Mr Avid CEO, these are the people that make your company what it is.
Right on Brad! I am very impressed with Avid these days!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 06-23-2014, 08:19 AM

Ok Avid, you have now given me two 11R's but only owed me one.

Please let me know what you want me to do with the 2nd 11R?

I made a post about this last week in this thread with no response.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 06-23-2014, 08:44 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
...I received an email with a fedex tracking number referencing my original RMA, but I have already received my replacement 11R with much appreciation...you have now given me two 11R's but only owed me one...
Thank you for your honesty. I will email you directly to resolve this.

Regards,
JC
Old 06-23-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Ok Avid, you have now given me two 11R's but only owed me one.

Please let me know what you want me to do with the 2nd 11R?

I made a post about this last week in this thread with no response.
You can send it to me bro

But good on Avid for fixing the original issue

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-28-2014, 08:06 AM

Hello,

I'm sorry if I don't use this forum as I should but I'm french so I don't understand everything that's written and I have never been a forum user yet.
However I am concerned by the topic of this thread because my 11 Rack won't boot for several days. I have tried all the solutions found on avid website (hard reset etc) and none of them change a thing. I bought my 11R at the end of 2011 and it never left my cosy home studio and has worked perfectly well until now. I would appreciate some help or advice because i consider it would be absurd and very annoying to throw away a 769 € product after only 3 years of use.
Thanks for your answers
PC WIN 7 PRO 64 BITS sp1
Core i5 4590 3.30 GHZ
OS on Samsung EVO 250 GO SSD
Hard drive 2TO sata 6Gb/s 7200 for data
Mackie Onyx 820-i - firewire as sound card
Old 10-08-2014, 09:07 AM

Hello, Everyone
Please help!!!!! I have wanted a eleven rack for years now, an after almost 2 years of saving (union lay-off,wife an kids) was finally able to buy one. And i love it. I only had it for 1 month and i went to update firmware to version 1.0.3 because i have a 1.0.2 firmware version. I could not update to save my life, so i looked at the blog an someone suggested using digidesign driver 1.0.8. So i installed went to update an was so excited to see that it was running, it got half way through update an said update failed, turn eleven rack off then back on an retry. I did this an now 11r wont boot. Ive tried all the manuel resets an get nothing,
Serial number ends in-G
Dell inspirion2650, pentium 4 processor, xp 32bit proffesional, was soley going to use as a standalone unit. I see that a gentleman named bruce has been a big help to many people- please help me guys, i cant afford anything else!!!!
Anything u could do would make me so relieved!!! Thanx again.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellgarr View Post
Hello, Everyone
Please help!!!!! I have wanted a eleven rack for years now, an after almost 2 years of saving (union lay-off,wife an kids) was finally able to buy one. And i love it. I only had it for 1 month and i went to update firmware to version 1.0.3 because i have a 1.0.2 firmware version. I could not update to save my life, so i looked at the blog an someone suggested using digidesign driver 1.0.8. So i installed went to update an was so excited to see that it was running, it got half way through update an said update failed, turn eleven rack off then back on an retry. I did this an now 11r wont boot. Ive tried all the manuel resets an get nothing,
Serial number ends in-G
Dell inspirion2650, pentium 4 processor, xp 32bit proffesional, was soley going to use as a standalone unit. I see that a gentleman named bruce has been a big help to many people- please help me guys, i cant afford anything else!!!!
Anything u could do would make me so relieved!!! Thanx again.
Did you try to re-do the firmware upgrade?

Since you have only had the unit for a month, assuming you purchased it new, it should still be under warranty. I would call Avid and setup a RMA.
http://www.avid.com/US/Support/index.html or take it back to the store and get a replacement .

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-08-2014, 10:32 AM

And have you followed directions about uninstalling versions of Internet Explorer before running the firmware update? I also don't think there was likely anything critical in that last update, so I would likely have just not bothered myself.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:56 AM

Hey darrell, thanks alot for your reply an its a pleasure meeting you!!! By the grace of god i did get my 11r figured out an fixed( my long time friend who is a computer wiz) I found out my computer just wasnt compatible w the driver's (didnt have a good enough prosscessor) so while trying to update your computer. It will first dump the current fw then load the new fw, so after my computer dumped current fw it didnt install my new firmare, so it would just freeze on the 11r screen. So i used my friends pc an found that using the digidesign 1.0.8 driver, i re-installed my original fw v1.0.2 an walla its working just fine!!!!!! Im not gonna even mess with updating again to 1.0.3 im gonna just wait till i can get expansion pack as well as a new pc. Also my 11r was bought from a good friend of mine who moved to seattle on the other side of u.s so i dont have a warranty. So this was a scary exprience thinking i had an avid brand papper weight. Thanx for your input an hopefully this helps someone else!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2014, 04:19 PM

And another paper weight is born. I tried all the tips tricks, resets, drivers firmware etc. My PC can't even see the unit via USB. I have the Eleven Rack Logo with the little streaming line on the bottom.

Both internal RED LEDs steady on, GREEN Led is blinking. I have fixed some flat panel TVs before and a lot of times the surfacee mount voltage regulators go bad (.49 cent part) anyone repaired an Eleven Rack that has seen this and knows what the most common part is to fail? I open the top and saw a jumper to the main micro processer installed my guess is that is the "clock mod" I read about as it connects near an oscillator. I have a Rev E model if that means anything.

I am past any warranty. What do I do next guys? I logged into my account and heck if I know how to get service, I ened up in a loop of web pages trying to find the main AVID support number. Do I just randomly call one of the US reapair centers? Having to pay as much a new one is not in the cards for me so this is pretty stressful.

Last edited by obx777; 11-23-2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: additional info