Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 03-02-2018, 08:04 AM

Default Pro Tools 11 - Exporting Audio for a Mixer question

So I am a member of The Unstoppable Recording Machine/Nail the Mix, which Joey Sturgis helped formulate. So I was going over a series of tutrials by Joel Wanasek called Mix Prep. In it he did a video on exporting audio/WAV files to hand over to a mixer, type of scenario.

Now he was in Cubase and was able to select various tracks based on what he was doing (it being midi, wet vs. dry tracks, guitar DI's, printing effects and what not) and he was able to export all his audio into a folder and there all the audio sat so as to be able to drag them all back on tracks one by one if you wanted to or all together and have them create new tracks.

Now, I know how to import audio in Pro Tools 11, but how to I export a recording in the same manner as I mentioned above in PT11? When I select various tracks or one track and go to export, it doesn't give me an option to export that track as audio. And the only other option I can see is bounce to disk, but that exports the whole song all at once. would I have to solo and then mute all other tracks, just to bounce one? I have a hard time believing Pro Tools 11 can't do this.. And I can't find anything on Google. Maybe I am not asking the question right? Help!

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2018, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 - Exporting Audio for a Mixer question

Hi, This is a lot easier to do in Pro Tools 12 with the new commit features, but one way you could do it is to set each track to its own bus and select each bus to export in the bounce window (hit the + next to Bounce Source in the Bounce window to select multiple bus outputs). You probably should make a selection in the edit window for the start and end times.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB