Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 06-16-2019, 08:54 PM

Default anyone use Eleven rack live with patch changes? 60ms silence gap when changing patch

Was thinking of using this out on the road for live.. I would be using different patches and such depending on the section of the song.. but I've noticed when switching patches (manually scrolling right now from one to the next) there's a 60ms silence gap in between switching over to the new patch.. which would be a no go live.. anyone use this successfully live without the noticeable "changing patches" 60 ms pause?
Old 06-16-2019, 09:03 PM

Default Re: anyone use Eleven rack live with patch changes? 60ms silence gap when changing pa

Patch change latency has been discussed here a lot many years ago. You can search and find those past discussions. It is what it is. You can switch effects within a patch, or use two Eleven Racks and a switcher, or get an Axe FX, ...
Old 06-16-2019, 09:05 PM

Default Re: anyone use Eleven rack live with patch changes? 60ms silence gap when changing pa

thanks for the response. much appreciated. research continues! :)
Old 06-16-2019, 09:09 PM

This latency and the inability to have cab emulation off for an on-stage guitar cab and simultaneously on for FOH output are two of the live restrictions with the Eleven Rack that bugged folks. If Chris Townsend had stayed at Avid I'd have hoped there would be some chance those would have been fixed. ... and some more effects added. But alas...
Old 06-17-2019, 10:08 AM

Somewhat reminiscent of what Structure was...

....a really nice product that wasn’t fully developed to be a Top Tier product
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:15 PM

I have not measured but I can feel latency changing patch with the scroll knob but I (almost) don't feel any when using a midi pedal. I use it live and my friend used mine also (when I play bass in the band) and never mentioned anything about latency. But he always reported how crazy this thing is sounding :)