Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-21-2019, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Issues connecting PreSonus 16.4.2 to new IMac

I can guarantee that the adapter route works. My Apollos to Hackintosh go through TB2 to TB3 adapter ...

I have used an X32 interface which is FW400 out. My chain.
FW400 to FW800 cable
FW800 to TB2 adapter
TB2 to TB3 adapter

I have taken direct outs of Digi SC48s using the same FW400-800 cable, FW800-TB2, TB2-TB3 adapter setup to record live.

Also have tried cheaper adapters - must be Apple genuine.

As far as the Presonus goes, I skipped the FW after a while and used the Dsub outs into a MOTU interface cause most of the board died one thing at a time. Plus the latency was way better.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsongs View Post
According to Pro Tools Tech Support PT 2019.6 works with Mojave 10.14.6 the most recent versions..
So No ... You didn’t read the link from Jack as you are answering something else .... oh Lars ... here we go again .. like the other threads you aren’t listening ..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-21-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Here's an even simpler way: does AMS see the interface?
And specifically to Lars:
Did you go to the link I gave above about Mojave?
I did go to the Link & did try that...

It may be the Computer? Apple, PreSonus & Avis can't figure it out. I've applied the appropriate answers from this forum... None of it has fixed the issue...

My old MBP, PT10, Presonus 16.4.2 & Glyphs work fine.. Even with the newest Presonus update...
Old 08-21-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:

It may be the Computer? Apple, PreSonus & Avis can't figure it out. I've applied the appropriate answers from this forum... None of it has fixed the issue...

My old MBP, PT10, Presonus 16.4.2 & Glyphs work fine.. Even with the newest Presonus update...
My appology then

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-22-2019, 04:32 AM

Quote:

What you haven't answered is does AMS (audio MIDI setup) in OSX see the interface?

QAPLA!
Old 08-22-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
What you haven't answered is does AMS (audio MIDI setup) in OSX see the interface?
What is AMS an Acronym for?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
What is AMS an Acronym for?
Did you NOT read what I wrote as I explained it there. I repeat the whole question:
"What you haven't answered is does AMS (AUDIO MIDI SETUP) in OSX see the interface?"

I made it all caps and large font and bold so you couldn't possibly miss it

QAPLA!
Old 08-22-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Did you NOT read what I wrote as I explained it there. I repeat the whole question:
"What you haven't answered is does AMS (AUDIO MIDI SETUP) in OSX see the interface?"

I made it all caps and large font and bold so you couldn't possibly miss it
Yes, it recognized it. It even worked for a minute until it didn't.. None of the Techs could figure it out.

It amazes me that in order to use Pro Tools you pretty much need a Degree in Computer Engineering! It shouldn't be this hard...

Quite honestly given that Logic exists, doesn't require annual Fees, ILok & has one stop Tech Support from the same Company that builds the Computer, why Avid Pro Tools doesn't try harder with their Product, Tech Support & like this Forum desist from talking down to their Customers & Users....

That said, Its no big deal anymore, I've come to expect it here..

Thanks,

L
Old 08-22-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Yes, it recognized it. It even worked for a minute until it didn't.. None of the Techs could figure it out.

It amazes me that in order to use Pro Tools you pretty much need a Degree in Computer Engineering! It shouldn't be this hard...

Quite honestly given that Logic exists, doesn't require annual Fees, ILok & has one stop Tech Support from the same Company that builds the Computer, why Avid Pro Tools doesn't try harder with their Product, Tech Support & like this Forum desist from talking down to their Customers & Users....

That said, Its no big deal anymore, I've come to expect it here..

Thanks,

L
I'm not surprised you seem to be having problems with Apple/Avid/whomever especially if you answer them the way you answer people here. We try and help but we're getting tired of banging our collective heads against the wall when you can't understand basic terms and answer basic questions when put to you. It's expected to have some basic computer knowledge; you don't need a degree in programming to be able to use PT or any other recording program.

You've been given more than enough info here on how to get things working.

QAPLA!
Old 08-22-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I'm not surprised you seem to be having problems with Apple/Avid/whomever especially if you answer them the way you answer people here. We try and help but we're getting tired of banging our collective heads against the wall when you can't understand basic terms and answer basic questions when put to you. It's expected to have some basic computer knowledge; you don't need a degree in programming to be able to use PT or any other recording program.

You've been given more than enough info here on how to get things working.
I looked up that Acronym & didn't find anywhere..... If all this Software is so simple & straight forward why would anyone ever even have to be bothered looking into OSX AMS or all the other Tech Support stuff that I see tons of questions about on this Forum????

The Computer was diagnosed as having a defect. As I mentioned previously. It's being replaced.. If so much knowledge is here where is the info on repairing Computers????

In my experience, I ask a question because I can't find the answer. The response is generally condescending... Like in this Thread...