How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 06-27-2008, 02:37 PM

Default My c24 is not playing stereo my pt sessions

Hello All
I a rookie here at the forum.
i am using a 192 io with a g5 and a c24 that i just bought.

Well first was the manual on that stupid page 32... now i cannot ear my mixes from ptools in stereo. the right side doesn´t play. The control room is well conected, i think. yelow cable 1 - left speaker, yelow cable 3 right speaker? thats right?

the aux in work well on both speakers. i think also that the sound of aux cd is not so good as plug in a analog mix to the genelecs. a bit compressed. too much hi eq also...

I bought the control 24 cables and i plug then as the manual.

please can anyone help me????

nuno
the gift
portugal
Old 06-29-2008, 02:25 PM

Default Re: My c24 is not playing stereo my pt sessions

Is the MONO button engaged?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-01-2008, 05:17 AM

Whwn i press the mono button, it actualy play on both speakers in a mono way, wthout the erspective of the stereo. On a stereo mode only play the left speaker.
thanks
nuno the gft
Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Avid

Is this a C|24 or a Control|24?

With a Control|24, you're using the Pro Tools Monitors In coming from the output of your 192, correct? What are the Speakers Out connected to - directly to your speakers or to a patch bay or something else? If they are connected to speakers, the 1 and 2 output would be Left and Rigth, respectively.

A C|24 has a different routing scheme - Left and Right channels are 1 and 3, respectively. You need to make sure your IO Setup reflects this - typically the first stereo path should be routed to outputs 1 and 3, rather than 1 and 2.

If you can give us more info on how everything is connected, it'll be easier to direct you on how to get it working properly.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:33 PM

ok. i am using a C24.
I am using the cables form control 24 that digi snake. on the store they told me that were the same plus two mor cables to conect th 192 to the in outs of the mixer - c24.

I have folowed the way to conect as it was on the manual except that error regarding the i/o og the 192.

Yes i conected the yelow 1 and yelow 3 to both speakers. on the mono mode both play in mono. on the stereo only play the left one. all the other conections were made folowing the manual. didn´t try any other funcion because i didnt pass this first step of earing the sessions. in aux 1 and aux two - cd and ipod, i can ear on both speakers. don´know what to do.

nuno
the gift
Old 07-03-2008, 04:18 AM

As explained by Digi-support: Make sure that your I/O settings (in PT setup ==> IO) are defined correctly.

Dutchmountain
Old 07-15-2008, 04:35 PM

Hello Again
I was on the road and i am back to the studio. should I configure my outputs in pro tools to Chanel left - 1 and chanel right 3? doesnt seem to be logic. i am still withou hear the right side... please help me.
nuno the gift
Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM

Yes, that is the logic. Chp 4 in the C24 Guide goes over it's audio connections and you'll notice that the board is wired for 5.1 Surround. So 1=L, 2=C, 3=R and your IO setup needs to reflect this.

Or you could rewire the dsub cables or get creative, whatever is easiest.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:25 AM

i just had this same problem a couple of months ago. When i bought my Control 24. What a head ache it was.

I'm going to make this really easy for you, and save you a lot of time and head aches. go to your nearest Pro Music supply store and buy some brand new digi snakes. Make sure they are digi snakes. Save the receipt and Make sure you know thier return policy. So you can get your money back if it's not the cables. Yeah that's right the Damn Cables!

That's it, I had the same exact problem you're explaining, to the letter. And this was the fix. I tried to cut cost on the Cables and it ended up costing me more in time and frustration.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:26 PM

WELL I bought original DIGI snake cables. they were ate their box during one month, without any use. they were brand new cables. and i used them as it was the right way. if it is the cables so why the play back is in stereo? and why plays the both speakers when i press mono button?

OTHE THING REALLY STRANGE my alt outputs is conected to a jbl - NS10 speakers. when the mixing desk c24 is in offline mode the speakers start to move really quick and deep the Speaker buffer. i need to turn off the amp. its strange. i bought the c24 at 3 months ago and still didnt use it. please do help me