Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-16-2018, 07:33 PM

Default Re: MachineControl and Avid Complete Plugin Bundle for Pro Tools Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
the Complete Bundle is time-limited gift; next year they don't have to hand out a renewal and people who became Avid Pro Tools subscribers after they announced it are not getting them. It's supposed to be a "thank you."

If people aren't getting that, prepare to be "mislead" again next year.
...and this is why I generally avoid using the plugins within this collection.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-16-2018, 09:14 PM

Default Re: MachineControl and Avid Complete Plugin Bundle for Pro Tools Ultimate

Quote:
...just a reminder: the Complete Bundle is time-limited gift; next year they don't have to hand out a renewal and people who became Avid Pro Tools subscribers after they announced it are not getting them. It's supposed to be a "thank you."

If people aren't getting that, prepare to be "mislead" again next year.
This thread is about Pro Tools Ultimate licensing. With Pro Tools Ultimate, the Complete Plug-In Bundle is not a 'gift' but rather part of the Upgrade and Support Plan (replaces the Pro Tools HD Plan license). Renewing your Pro Tools Ultimate Upgrade and Support Plan also renews the plug-in bundle, and it should be aligned with your plan's end date.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Renewing your Pro Tools Ultimate Upgrade and Support Plan also renews the plug-in bundle, and it should be aligned with your plan's end date.
It is not. You can obviously check my account and see the licenses deposited today.
Or I'll volunteer images:

And my account

The actual offer from last year (for re-subscribing) was deposited in January in my account. And every time giving 3 activations (every time) also doesn't make sense other than the multiple same-time renewals.

Last edited by BScout; 05-16-2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
It is not. You can obviously check my account and see the licenses deposited today...
Sorry, should have been more specific... it aligns with the original expiration date, and refreshes just before that date if you have renewed your plan. This is the same way the Pro Tools HD Plan license worked - it's a 1 year license and just before expiration if your plan has been renewed the license gets refreshed. I would anticipate your Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle's expiration date getting refreshed just before 11/5/18. (I just put a reminder in my calendar to check for you.)
Quote:
The actual offer from last year (for re-subscribing) was deposited in January in my account. And every time giving 3 activations (every time) also doesn't make sense other than the multiple same-time renewals.
That's different, and is a separate item listed in my.avid.com/products. It was provided when renewing Pro Tools (not HD/Ultimate). This thread is about the bundle replacing the original bonus plug-ins which is included within a Pro Tools Ultimate product (in Additional Value Content).
Old 05-19-2018, 02:20 AM

still no machine control , no avid complete plugin bundle in
my ilok account....
how long does it take???
Old 05-19-2018, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterle View Post
my ilok account....
how long does it take???
You should probably initiate a support ticket. I do not use, so do not know about Machine Control.... BUT have had the Plugin Bundle for 2-3 weeks , and now even the name change to Ultimate is reflected in my account.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 05-20-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterle View Post
my ilok account....
how long does it take???

Machine control will not appear as an authorization.
It is part of 2018.4 Ultimate, as long as you have hardware, machine control will show up in peripherals.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
...You can obviously check my account and see the licenses deposited today...
Quote:
...I just put a reminder in my calendar to check for you...
Just checked and the license did refresh as anticipated. (Related- You have a different license bundle currently activated.)
Old 11-05-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Just checked and the license did refresh as anticipated. (Related- You have a different license bundle currently activated.)
I checked the other day (looking at it now). See my Ultimate expires 11/5/19 (expected) but now Complete Plugin Bundle expires 1/25/19. I expected those to align. But not going to worry until I see what happens in Jan.