Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-08-2011, 07:59 PM

Default Song sounds faster and high pitched after bounce.

I tried everything to fix this already and it doesnt work. I know this usually,means a sample rate mismatch but that didnt solve.the.problem. My only choice is to contact avid but they are charging? Are they really or did I misunderstand. I was told to contact them because early mboxes had a oscillator issue or something. If thats the case, why should I pay so they can fix something they messed up on?? Is there any other way to solve this issue. Anyone had this bounce issue?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Song sounds faster and high pitched after bounce.

Describe the system(how do you think we can help when you give no info???). Did you have some external digital device connected to your interface? If yes, then your session was likely clocked to that external device, and you had a 44.1K session, but the external device was set to 48K. The solution may be really simple. Open a new 48K session. Then go File>Import Session Data and find the session giving you trouble. Hold the Alt key and right-click on any track in the list and select it for import(holding Alt will select all the tracks). Here's the important part; UNcheck the SRC box(Sample Rate Conversion) and hit OK. With a little luck, your new session will be populated by everything from the old session, but it will playback correctly. Run Bounce to Disk with your desired settings(use dither if going from 24 bit to 16 bit) and cross your fingers

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-10-2011, 01:50 AM

for a moment I had this issue too until I noticed all song files I played on my pc did this too. the problem was I recorded in 48khz 24bit and had a adat hooked up and made that the main clock source so I could record with it. when I bounced down the song and quit pt it kept the same sample rate. I thought it changed back to 44 16bit etc after closing pt but that wasnt the case. I had to manually change the sample rate to 44 on my adat since it was still being used as the main clock source. make sure your main clock is set to what the song was bounced down to or what you play your red book songs at.
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 670MHz (1.34GHz)
western digital black (1TB, SATA300, 3.5", 7200rpm, NCQ, 32MB Cache) : 932GB (C:)
western digital black (1TB, SATA300, 3.5", 7200rpm, NCQ, 32MB Cache) : 932GB (D:)
Memorex DVD+-RAM 550L v1 (SATA150, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache) : N/A (G:)
Windows 7 Ultimate 6.01.7600 x64
gateway 24inch hdmi dvi HD monitor
pro tools LE 8.0.4
Old 07-12-2013, 08:45 PM

I am having real problems with pitch changes. While working on a recording session, everything records fine. When I play back everything sounds fine. Then right in the middle of a session, I will playback again, and the pitch is down an octave or occasionally up an octave. All by itself... all i can do is exit without saving, and when I re open, the pitch is ok again. This happens out of the blue, with no warning. I have not touched any settings at all. Also, if I do manage to get thru the session, I proceed to bounce to disc... it plays back fine, and sounds as it should. Then when I play back the wav file it has created, it is an octave lower and that much slower. Unusable.. At this point I go back to my session. Most of the time it is still at the right pitch and speed. I try the bounce again, and the same thing happens. Pitch an octave lower and speed 1/2 time. I can't bounce the session without this happening. Also, sometimes after closing a session that has gone well, and sounds as it should, when I open it up the next day, the pitch is down an octave and it is 1/2 speed. Again, occasionally it will be up an octave and 2x speed, although the lower problem occurs much more often. I always record at 24 bit 44.1... never change that. I use a Mackie Onyx firewire mixer as my interface between recording mics and pc.... This never happened over the first year I had Protools 8 M Audio.... Now it happens all the time. So far nothing will fix it. HELP!!!