Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 03:52 AM

Default iLock ... Help

Just received my iLock key.

Just received my iLock Key ($50) Digi said I need this to access my upgrades.
LE 6.01 and 6.02.

No instructions came with the iLock key. No further instructions from Digi in this regard.

I thought this Key waqs supposed to come with the proper information and would open my
Protools upgrades. (I am the registered owner) upgrading from the ProTools website
from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2.

Mac OS X 10.2.8.

The key does not show up on the desktop when inserted. and only shows the serial number when attyempting to access the proper opening of my upgrades. I was led to believe that the authorization unmbers would be in the Key.

I don't have a clue as to how to use this Key. Totally lost.

Can you help me please. Thank you, Thomas G. Parham
Old 07-29-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: iLock ... Help

Ilok is used to store plug-in authorizations. It's not a usb drive, so don't expect it to appear on your desktop. I'm not entirely sure what anybody would have meant to say that you'd need this for your upgrade, except that in version 6, most plug-ins went to ilok...at least Digi did for their plug-ins. So at the point where you purchased the upgrade to version 6 software, Digidesign should be able to deposit assets into your ilok account (go to ilok.com for more information there) so that any digi plug-ins that you own will continue to be authorized so you can use them in your new system.

Did you recently upgrade to version 6 software? The update you're talking about should only require that you enter your authorization code from the "getting started" manual that came with your system. The ilok will be necessary when you start authorizing plug-ins, so you do need it, just not for a PT upgrade. Good luck.