Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 AM

Default No Audio track monitoring with record enable in pl

Hi All,

I have come across an issue with Pro Tools which I think was greatly neglected, for reference to you all I use PT V 7.1 LE Digi002 system. It has been confirmed to me that this issue I have on hand which I would get to in just a moment is not only related to LE; however seem to follow through to the whole of Pro Tools platform. When I play back my recorded tracks (backing tracks) for the vocalist to worm up the voice and at the same time want to set the recording level in play mode without having to set recording level when actually recording with track record enabled, Pro Tools block the signal in play mode from showing a monitor level in the track reference so to speak. There are only two modes related to record, “Input and Auto Input” in each of the two do not allow for level monitoring signal level to show in record enabled track in play back. I hope I made this very clear for every one to understand.

I cannot seem to find any related issue to this or I am missing something here?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:28 PM

Default Re: No Audio track monitoring with record enable i

Yeah, I know what you are saying, and I have been frustrated from time to time. But it is probably best to just record that warm-up/level-setting take anyways. As they say, "just keep the 'tape' rolling," you never know when you might catch a happy accident.

You can always hit "Undo" if there is nothing in there you wish to keep.