Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 PM

Default MixIR2 . Why my 11r replaced my real Mark IIc+

After few days experimenting with more or less success tonematching, I discovered by mistake how a guy thanks to MixIR2 could match a real amp tone with incredible accuracy. I had some Redwirez cabs for few monthes but was not really very happy with. Lacked something... Then I discovered that MixIR2 could mix several IRs into one. Perfect for my Torpedo CAB !!

After few minutes, I recorded this. Far to be perfect (bassy and so on) but the Fuc*ing lacking mojo of a real recorded amp is here IMHO. Holy grail !

http://soundcloud.com/djemass/mixir2

I will fine tune this, but, wow, the feeling is absolutely incredible, like my real amp !

6 impulses for this:
Sm57 with MarkIIC+ MS12 cab for the bite
Royer 121 with Recto Cab for the beef
Recto cab back mic
Recto cab Room mic
Impedance curve of a vintage 30 speaker
Neve 1073 Eq impulse

I don't play my MarkIIC+ now, cr@p...

Mesa Boogie IIC+ JVK Monster
Eleven Rack
EBMM Petrucci Variax
Dunlop GCB95Q
Ernie Ball Volume pedal VPJR6180
Old 09-28-2012, 11:26 PM

Default Re: MixIR2 . Why my 11r replaced my real Mark IIc+

yeah MIX IR2 is great, IMO its best to get it with the BigBox Bundle for $125, but it can be had for $49 then just use free IRs or buy just the IRs you want from Redwirez or other places.

I've got a few MixIR2 vid's on my youtube channel including one where I use Redwirez (and MIX IR 2) with the M-2 amp.

The versatility with MixIR2 and the BigBox Bundle is just astounding. I've had the BigBox for probably 6-8 months and have only used about 20% of the included IRs, there are just soooooooooooooooooo many. I highly recommend MixIR2 and the BigBox

And as far as I know MixiR2 will continue to be supported with PT11, several months ago I asked about when the RTAS version was coming out and would AAX be coming out as well, and the response said that after the RTAS release they would start working on AAX. That was awhile back, and the RTAS version has been out for a few months, so I'm betting we see the AAX version before too long. Not that I need AAX right now since I'm staying with PT9.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-29-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
yeah MIX IR2 is great, IMO its best to get it with the BigBox Bundle for $125, but it can be had for $49 then just use free IRs or buy just the IRs you want from Redwirez or other places.

I've got a few MixIR2 vid's on my youtube channel including one where I use Redwirez (and MIX IR 2) with the M-2 amp.

The versatility with MixIR2 and the BigBox Bundle is just astounding. I've had the BigBox for probably 6-8 months and have only used about 20% of the included IRs, there are just soooooooooooooooooo many. I highly recommend MixIR2 and the BigBox

And as far as I know MixiR2 will continue to be supported with PT11, several months ago I asked about when the RTAS version was coming out and would AAX be coming out as well, and the response said that after the RTAS release they would start working on AAX. That was awhile back, and the RTAS version has been out for a few months, so I'm betting we see the AAX version before too long. Not that I need AAX right now since I'm staying with PT9.
I emailed the guys that made MixIR2 module just after the RTAS release and they said that they definitely were going to make the product available for AAX with PT11. It's strange because I didn't even ask them that question outright. Its nice when a company actually shares their plans with you .

I sort of get the opposite feeling from Avid .

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 10-05-2012, 12:13 PM

hello guy,how do you think the torpedo? Is the sound much better than 11r's cab sim?
the price of 11r+torpedo is higher than KPA,so i am confused of buying a torpedo or buying a kpa (sell 11r)
Old 10-05-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heromax_008 View Post
hello guy,how do you think the torpedo? Is the sound much better than 11r's cab sim?
the price of 11r+torpedo is higher than KPA,so i am confused of buying a torpedo or buying a kpa (sell 11r)
I think if i had the cash i would go kemper without any doubt. Torpedo is great but i think it really shines with tube preamps...

Mesa Boogie IIC+ JVK Monster
Eleven Rack
EBMM Petrucci Variax
Dunlop GCB95Q
Ernie Ball Volume pedal VPJR6180
Old 07-10-2013, 11:29 AM

Anybody know if this guy is bringing out an AAX Version of this? He said he was going to keep it updated... hence why I bought it

PC: Windows 7 64-Bit, ASRock Extreme 4 x79 Mobo, Intel Core i7-3820K @3.6Ghz, Kingston HyperX 16GB Ram, OCZ Vertex 3 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD, GeForce 560Ti GPU, SIIG TI Firewire Card, PT Keyboard.
O/B: Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, Alesis D4 Drum Module, Alesis MIDIVerb4, M-Audio Axiom 49 v2, M-Audio BX8a's, Audix DP7
Old 07-10-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamsh View Post
Anybody know if this guy is bringing out an AAX Version of this? He said he was going to keep it updated... hence why I bought it
Yes. Like almost every other plugin maker, it will be a while longer. They have said recently that they are working on it.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-11-2013, 03:57 AM

Awesome, cheers :)

PC: Windows 7 64-Bit, ASRock Extreme 4 x79 Mobo, Intel Core i7-3820K @3.6Ghz, Kingston HyperX 16GB Ram, OCZ Vertex 3 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD, GeForce 560Ti GPU, SIIG TI Firewire Card, PT Keyboard.
O/B: Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, Alesis D4 Drum Module, Alesis MIDIVerb4, M-Audio Axiom 49 v2, M-Audio BX8a's, Audix DP7