How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2020, 08:29 AM

Default ADC problems.

Hi,

having adc problems with hardware inserts. Losing low end/phasing issues on drum parallels - does anyone know what the compensation should be for a HW insert on an HD Native TB system running at 1024 buffer?

Many thanks!

Tom.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:36 AM

Default Re: ADC problems.

1. Depends on the inserted device, really. You should measure insertion delay manually and enter the compensation value.
2. What you describe can have different causes as well. I once had something similar and found out one of the cables on my patchbay had its leads inverted.

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2020, 12:49 AM

Default Re: ADC problems.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Sorry - to clarify this is an analogue unit on the insert (every unit on every hw insert exhibits the same symptom - I’m running 4 x HD I/O units for a total of 64 I/O via thunderbolt) so there should be no need to measure the latency and it won’t depend on what’s inserted (that would only be the case with a digital unit). Since the units are Avid they should be reporting their incurred delay correctly.

The wiring is good. The phase isn’t inverted, it seems out by a few samples. It also used to work fine, I only noticed a problem when recalling a mix and noticing the low end was different when a/b ing against the print.

If I insert a tg-1 over an aux and send from the drum bus in parallel, I lose low end. If I invert the phase on this aux, I get all my low end back and lose everything else. I had to work around to deliver yesterday, will try to measure the sample discrepancy today though.

ADC working fine for UAD/other plugins.

Anyone else noticed a bug?

Running latest versions of PT ultimate & Catalina. Have trashed prefs and performed a clean install. I’ve also disabled all other plugins and inserts that incur latency in the session and the problem persists.

Any suggestions let me know. Avid support being as helpful as to be expected (haven’t heard back from them in 24 hours and yet to speak to anyone with any actually technical knowledge)...

Thanks

Tom.