Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Default Mbox Mini [3Gen] Unrecognized - PTLE 8.0.5

So I've been scouring these and other forums trying to resolve the problem that I've encountered since my purchase of my new MBox Mini + Pro Tools 8 LE. Install of Pro Tools seemed to go fine (With one exception that I'll mention in just a moment). My mini appears to be "working properly" in my Windows device rack, lights up, and emits audio through the headphone jack, therefore I feel like there isn't a hardware issue here. I've downloaded the latest driver (1.0.6 I think it was?), but when I checked the Mini's driver properties after that driver d/l and install, it's showing a driver dated 11/17/2010 and accredited to the Microsoft Corporation - presumably the install of the latest driver either went wrong somewhere or perhaps I'm not installing it in the right place (C:>Program Files (x86)>Digidesign>Drivers..?). Am I on the right track, and could someone be of assistance? Or could another culprit be the problem?
The exception I mentioned is that, during both the install of PT and my Mini's driver, when it proceeds to install "Windows Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable", I get an error:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly
'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32",version="8.0.5072 7.762",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processor Architecture="amd64"

I've gone through various forums to make sense of that issue, but it seems like no has an answer that will remedy this for me. I get the error about 3 times during either install, hit ok, each time, and it eventually carries on and finishes the install. As it seems that I'm having no other problems, I feel like this is where I'm encountering my troubles. Perhaps that's not permitting vital data or something to install correctly..? I know, a lot of question marks, but like I said I've been rummaging through every informational cranny I can find trying to break this wide open for a few days but to no avail as of now. May I trouble you for some advice or direction? Thank you.

David
Old 08-18-2011, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Mbox Mini [3Gen] Unrecognized - PTLE 8.0.5

Oh yeah, running PC (sorry macfolk) - Asus G72GX - Windows 7 Home Premium
Old 08-18-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechord View Post
So I've been scouring these and other forums trying to resolve the problem that I've encountered since my purchase of my new MBox Mini + Pro Tools 8 LE. Install of Pro Tools seemed to go fine (With one exception that I'll mention in just a moment). My mini appears to be "working properly" in my Windows device rack, lights up, and emits audio through the headphone jack, therefore I feel like there isn't a hardware issue here. I've downloaded the latest driver (1.0.6 I think it was?), but when I checked the Mini's driver properties after that driver d/l and install, it's showing a driver dated 11/17/2010 and accredited to the Microsoft Corporation - presumably the install of the latest driver either went wrong somewhere or perhaps I'm not installing it in the right place (C:>Program Files (x86)>Digidesign>Drivers..?). Am I on the right track, and could someone be of assistance? Or could another culprit be the problem?
The exception I mentioned is that, during both the install of PT and my Mini's driver, when it proceeds to install "Windows Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable", I get an error:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly
'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32",version="8.0.5072 7.762",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processor Architecture="amd64"

I've gone through various forums to make sense of that issue, but it seems like no has an answer that will remedy this for me. I get the error about 3 times during either install, hit ok, each time, and it eventually carries on and finishes the install. As it seems that I'm having no other problems, I feel like this is where I'm encountering my troubles. Perhaps that's not permitting vital data or something to install correctly..? I know, a lot of question marks, but like I said I've been rummaging through every informational cranny I can find trying to break this wide open for a few days but to no avail as of now. May I trouble you for some advice or direction? Thank you.

David
I think you might need to update pro tools for it to work properly on windows 7. I'm no expert but it might work.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:25 AM

Update as in to 8.0.5 from 8.0.4? Because I have done that, again with that C++ 2005 Redistributable thingy, and also seemingly fine other than that.
Or from 8 to 9? Avid has listed windows 7 and PT LE 8 as compatible on their website.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechord View Post
Update as in to 8.0.5 from 8.0.4? Because I have done that, again with that C++ 2005 Redistributable thingy, and also seemingly fine other than that.
Or from 8 to 9? Avid has listed windows 7 and PT LE 8 as compatible on their website.
Sorry i'm not much of an expert there. I'm afraid I can't help you much more. Good luck! :)
Old 08-18-2011, 03:48 PM

I've been thinking about reformatting or reinstalling or restoring Windows or something to that effect since I was getting that Windows Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable error. Ironically enough, I just turned on my computer and got something like a 'need to check disk' or '...disk drive' message (I'm no computer whiz in anyway; please pardon my horrible paraphrasing) - it performed a pretty quick test and it said, although I don't remember exactly what as I was perplexed and disturbed, something about the disk (drive) not working or functioning properly or something and that I need to restore Windows via a system restore to a point prior to any recent software installation. What the? Bigger problem is that, conveniently, I have no system restore points set up. Didn't think that installing Pro Tools would be the end of my OS. Good times.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:51 PM

I will always advocate an install of PT on a clean OS. Ideally one would have a computer solely used for Pro Tools but most of us don't and I believe that's where we run into problems.

I've got to the point now where; when a new version of PT comes out I backup my drive (or with drives so cheap these days) swap it out and re-install the OS and PT with their respective updates and before installing anything else I back the clean install up. That way if anything goes wrong it's just a quick step to go back to a working system.

Having said that, try re/installing the iLok drivers, they install Windows Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable. That has worked for me in the past.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 08-18-2011, 08:03 PM

Hmmm, that makes sense. I like that idea - I might adopt the Pro Tools-only computer idea. Referring to the iLok driver, are you suggesting to reinstall that via the PT install disk (manually selecting that amongst install options) or grabbing those off of the appropriate website (Avid I'm guessing)? Also, I would suppose that Interlock drivers are the same thing as these iLok drivers? This package (PT and Mini) did not come with an iLok drive/unit, and as far as I can tell it's not required, at least for this version of Pro Tools. Am I right there? I appreciate your help. This has been a constant and fruitless and stressful three-day search thus far. Hopefully I'm nearing the resolution.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:19 PM

Again with the questions, I know, but particularly, what is the Windows Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable thing responsible for? Would the iLok drivers be the only reason I'm getting an issue there? I tried installing the Redist. solo off the Microsoft website and it didn't work then either, one more reason I feel compelled to reinstall Windows.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:35 PM

Finally got the darn thing working. I may have been able to find another solution, but I resorted to reinstalling Windows, and installing PT on a clean drive.