Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-19-2017, 08:44 AM

Default Audio Cutting Out Playback And Recording

Hi, Recently upgraded from pt 11 to 12.5, now the audio is cutting out during playback and recording. Sometimes I get the Error Message: "Pro Tools ran out of CPU Power. Try de-activating or removing Native plug-ins. AAE-9173" when it actually stops everything. Removing "Native plug-ins" makes no difference. Never had this issue with pt 11. I noticed there are a lot of avid applications now running in the background with pt 12.5. I've done some of the "system optimization" steps except for "visual settings" because I believe a computer with 8gigs of memory that was doing just fine with the program before, and has very little else running on it, should be able to handle the same program when it uses the same memory as before: 1.5gigs or there abouts.
Is there a list of the "new" Avid programs I can safely turn off that may be eating more memory or interfering with pro tools operations? (ie I don't need to be online when I record/connected to cloud or my account when recording.)
I'm using Recabinet and EZD2. I know Recabinet is a bit of a cpu hog, but again, never had this issue before.
I've got all the other plugins for other tracks "bypassed". Pro Tools and Quicktime set to "High" priority in the Windows task manager. Background programs set to high priority as well. What am I missing?
Ideas?.. Thanks in advance.

Win 7 64bit PT 12.5 M-Audio M-Track Plus

Last edited by 1racerx; 01-19-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: some info I didn't include
Old 01-19-2017, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Audio Cutting Out Playback And Recording

We're most likely going to need a bit more information about your system in order to help you out.

Take a look at the Help Us Help You thread, where you will find some basic troubleshooting and optimization information.
At a minimum, try posting a Sandra report.

Also post your playback engine settings.

There is a lot more going on in PT 12, so it is possible that your system is under powered, or just not optimized.

System Details
Old 01-19-2017, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Audio Cutting Out Playback And Recording

Thanks junkgear. Took your suggestion and went down this list:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/T...oting/en349411

After updating my Ethernet LAN-Network Adapter no more cutting out. At least so far. lol