Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2006, 06:08 AM

Default M audio Delta and HP xw8200 compatibility?

Hi there.
I'm almost desperate to find out if my M Audio Delta soundcard has got real issues with my new
HP xw8200 workstation, the HP support has not been clear about it and I wonder whether the
Digidesign support can help.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:17 AM

Default Re: M audio Delta and HP xw8200 compatibility?

3 things you would need to answer:

1. Is this related to a digidesign product? (ie: ProTools M-Powered) In which case post in the section for that product. You might also try m-audio's online or phone support. I think M-audio and Digidesign share phone support.

2. What problem are you having?

3. What are the specs of your system?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Avid

You should start with the steps in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x General Troubleshooting thread and post specific info on your system per the info on that thread if you're unable to resolve the problem.

If you would like phone support, you should contact M-Audio directly at (626) 633-9055.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:46 AM

Thanks.
It is not related to any software in specific more than compatibility between the Sound card and the machine.
The Hardware is an HP XW8200 Intel® Xeon™ 3.00 GHz 800 MHz FSB 2 MB L2 cache 1GB Ram
The soundcard onboard is an Integrated AC97, which has been disabled from the bios in order to avoid annoyances during the M Audio Delta installation as we know we can only use 1 card. The hardware had few problems during Bootup initialy related to the Graphic Card which we did changed into a more compatible one, but the HP web support only suggest certain hardware to replace components such Audio and Graphic card. We did not expect to get such annoying problem in installing a common PCi device like the M Audio Delta we own, I know it is a difficult task and I should refer this again to the HP desk in UK, but as long as I know that the card should work fine with Xeon processor I'll be fine and will hammer HP for a solution..dunno maybe drivers or else. Cannot beleive that an Audigy Card is more compatible than a Digidesign one. We are professionals and need professional tools!
Thanks for your time.