Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2004, 10:21 AM

Default HP XW8200-compatible with HD2, HD3, Accel - DIGI?

Hi, I'm primarily a Mac user but am also looking at setting up an HD2 on PC so was wondering if someone could say if the HP XW8200 would be suitable. I'm fairly PC illiterate so need to know if there will be any issues with it (or HD 3 or Accel systems) - I can't source the HP XW800 in the UK that Digi has approved as being compatible but can get the HP xw8200.

What problems if any can I expect to come across with this choice of PC?

Digi - will this model be tested for compatibility at some point. Coming from the Mac side where I am careful to spec only Macs that Digi approve for my systems it seems difficult to find that same reassurance of authorised compatibility on the PC platform so would be greatly obliged for any help anyone here can give me.

Thanks in advance for any help in this.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:32 AM

Default Re: HP XW8200-compatible with HD2, HD3, Accel - DIGI?

The compatibility section also lists a particular Dell, which I assume they will ship to the UK, will probaly still be way cheaper than the HP.

In any case, it's not very tricky anymore, lots of machines will work. I have been using Dell Dimensions for years, only had real trouble in the WinNT days.

Rail Jon Rogut is very knowledgeable, he has a rep for knowing a lot and builds his own. Do a search in the last month on this forum, you'll find his current recommendation for that route. Otherwise, just follow the compat specs carefully (you can ask Dell about what chip set is used on a machine, for example) and you'll be fine.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Default Re: HP XW8200-compatible with HD2, HD3, Accel - DIGI?

Just saw this thread...
We are currently testing the xw8200, but I don't have an estimate on exactly when it will be qualified. We are aware that the 8000 is difficult to find in Europe and are aware of the urgency to qualify its replacement, the 8200.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: HP XW8200-compatible with HD2, HD3, Accel - DI

Expect compato page updates in a few days announcing qualification for the xw8200.

Danny Caccavo
Digidesign
Old 01-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Default Re: HP XW8200-compatible with HD2, HD3, Accel - DI

Digidesign has officially qualified the HP Workstation xw8200 for use with Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools|HD Accel for both local use and with Avid Unity MediaNetwork. Details in the Digidesign Compatibility Documents, on the xw8200 page:
http://www.digidesign.com/compato/xp/cpu/xw8200.cfm