Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 01:42 PM

Default switching between stereo and direct otputs

With v 5.01 i was able to switch from stereo to direct ouputs (under prefrences>operation) with version 5.1 i don't see that option in my prefrences. Am i missing something here??
Old 05-10-2001, 09:53 PM

Default Re: switching between stereo and direct otputs

With the new I/O setup that is really not necissary now. You can set up your paths as 4 sets of stereo outputs, and then add 2 sub-paths that each contain one mono output from the stereo pair. After you do that the output selection drop down menu on the channel strips should show you all of the possible stereo paths, with any mono sub-paths created along with them.

Example:
I go into the output panel on the I/O setup preference window.

I click the New Path button.

On the new path that was created I make sure that the Stereo/Mono Selector is set to stereo, and click on the square under output #1.

I now have a stereo path going to outputs #1 & #2.

With my new stereo path's name selected I click on the New Sub-Path button.

I now click on the square under either Channel #1 or #2, and that creates the mono path to that channel.

I create a new audio track, and when I click on the Output selector I am given the choice of Analog 1-2 (etc.), >Analog 1, >Analog 2.

If I choose Analog 1-2 it is stereo as usual, if I choose Analog 1 it is just like direct outputs.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-12-2001, 11:31 AM

Default Re: switching between stereo and direct otputs

Thanks for the help. Should have realized the answer was right in front of my face