Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2010, 04:35 PM

Default Dear Avid - your email marketing intern needs their ass kicked

Dear Avid,

I love you. I really do.

But your email marketing person (intern?) needs a kick in the ass.

My email marketing preferences are set to:

Quote:
Yes, I would like to receive email communications from Avid
Tell us what you’re interested in so we can send you the most relevant information (select at least one):

[ ] Video and Audio Post Production
[X] Pro Music Production
[ ] Home Video and Easy Music Creation
[ ] Live Sound
[ ] Broadcast
[ ] Education
YET, an email for the Media Composer 5 live event spammed me. Twice.

Why did you allow your email marketing intern (I must assume it's the intern, because a professional marketer would not make this mistake) to eblast your entire list, including those who only wanted pro audio communication? Do I have to unsubscribe? I do like getting email from you, as long as it relates to pro audio products and services.

Yeah, yeah, I can simply delete. But then why set preferences? Please respect my inbox.

Thx.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Dear Avid - your email marketing intern needs their ass kicked

Be glad you're getting something. I've checked almost all those boxes and I've never gotten any emails in the 3 years I've been on Protools.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:25 AM

Yes, their e-mail marketing system is screwed up seriously.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Avid

For anyone reading this - we're looking into it. I won't speculate about what happened, but I do know that it's definitely not in our interest to send emails to people who haven't subscribed to them and I doubt it was intentional. Given some of the consolidation that's occurring, it's probably just an honest mistake.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:29 AM

Oh for goodness sake.
OP, if all you have to worrie about is an email from Avid that warrants you going to the effort to post a bloody topic on this board than all I can say is you really need to get out more.

Honestly
Old 05-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by starburst View Post
Oh for goodness sake.
OP, if all you have to worrie about is an email from Avid that warrants you going to the effort to post a bloody topic on this board than all I can say is you really need to get out more.

Honestly
I wouldn't necessarily say it's out of line - I know how much *I* hate spam (though this situation I couldn't quite put in the same category as true spam...) and I think it's good they brought this to our attention. If there's something gumming up the works, we want to fix it...
Old 05-27-2010, 08:01 AM

I got one too. I simply deleted it. Not a biggie except as mentioned I simply have Pro Audio checked.

NST7 If you really haven't gotten any Digi email in three years it sounds like they (Avid) may have the wrong adress or its getting trapped in a filter somewhere along the way.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 05-27-2010, 08:02 AM

I got the same e-mail. It's not so much the spam aspect of this, although it still is annoying, that got to me. It's the impression that getting a video product promotion sent to an audio customer, who is still part of the cash cow segment of the user base, makes that same audio customer feel that just maybe all of the speculation that the new corporate structure at Avid just maybe letting the audio side of things wither on the vine is quite unsettling. Just sayin'.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starburst View Post
Oh for goodness sake.

Honestly
Maybe in this case it is a misdemeanor but if we start letting those pass then where will it all end...

AVID (digidesign) needs to get their email campaigns organized. I am getting lots of mail from them... Sometimes triple and sometimes about products I dont have any interest in.

I know companies wanna sell but the way they are acting as of today is NOT boosting their sales. It is pathetic how bad they wanna make money. AVID IMO is one of the less pathetic companies but SPAMMING in general and THIS is a FACT is taking up MORE bandwidth WORLWIDE than ANY browsing - watching youtube included.

And THAT is a HUGE problem.