Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 01-29-2006, 06:58 AM

Default DAE error 7058 with Amp Farm on new HD 2 Accel

I've just recently purchased and installed PT 7.0 on a new Dall workstation w/HD2Accel and 192 I/O. Just about everything works except when I try to add the Amp Farm plug-in to a track. It gives me "DAE error 7058". The answer base says this is an installation/authorization error and to re-install and/or re-authorize the plug-in. Unfortunately I can't figure out where to go in PT or anywhere else to specifically re-install or re-authorize the plug-in. I've tried using the PT 7.0 disk to "repair" the installation but it still give me this error message.

Also, when first installing I accidentially initiated the Moofoger delay and modulation plug-ins and now windows pop up asking me to authorize these everytime I load PT 7.0. How do I get rid of these windows now that the demo periods have run out? I remember something about DLLs needing to be deleted somewhere.

Thanks,
Brian K
Old 01-29-2006, 09:08 AM

Default Re: DAE error 7058 with Amp Farm on new HD 2 Accel

Quote:
...when I try to add the Amp Farm plug-in to a track. It gives me "DAE error 7058". The answer base says this is an installation/authorization error and to re-install and/or re-authorize the plug-in. Unfortunately I can't figure out where to go in PT or anywhere else to specifically re-install or re-authorize the plug-in. I've tried using the PT 7.0 disk to "repair" the installation but it still give me this error message.
Not sure specifically on the error message. I will guess it is one of two things: First, do you have an iLok auth for Amp Farm? If not, has it reached the trial period expiration? Alternately, are you sure you have the correct version of Amp Farm for use with PT7 HD? The PT installer itself does not install Amp Farm; it may be part of a pak, but regardless: the most recent version can be downloaded by hitting the main Digi site (Products->HD->System Options->Plug-ins is one place)

Quote:
Also, when first installing I accidentially initiated the Moofoger delay and modulation plug-ins and now windows pop up asking me to authorize these everytime I load PT 7.0. How do I get rid of these windows now that the demo periods have run out? I remember something about DLLs needing to be deleted somewhere.

Thanks,
Brian K
Try Add/Remove Programs. If not listed there, then simply goto c:\program files\common files\digidesign\dae\plug-ins and locate the MoogerFooger files, and delete. There should be two of each, extensions .dpm and .dpm.rsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:00 PM

Regarding Amp Farm. I found that I had to upgrade to Amp Farm 3 as I was getting the same error. I am reasonably certain that this would apply to your issue too.

Your iLok.com view of your iLok authorisations will indicate whether you are licensed to run version 3 - it is not a free upgrade from earlier versions. Your iLok will state "Amp Farm 3" as the product name, rather than the less obvious "Line 6 Amp Farm HD" which refers to earlier version(s). If your HD2 is relatively new, it still may have shipped with an older license for Amp Farm, as ours did, even though Amp Farm 3 has been available for some time now.

I have to admit that I didn't perform any further troubleshooting than this. At the time I couldn't find any official documentation indicating that 2.x was unsupported in PT 7, so maybe you could persist on that path with Digidesign Support.

You may also be able to argue if you have recently purchased the HD2 that you would expect it to ship with the latest versions of the plugins and, perhaps, Digidesign Cust Service will pop the appropriate iLok auth in your account without charge.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:10 AM

I have that problem - download ver 2.4 - that works.