Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 06:47 AM

Default PTMP supports only \"current\" playback rate?

Dear all,

I have set up a PTMP system with a firewire 410 device. The PC is built upon the Digidesign hardware requirements for PTMP and it all works perfectly. There's just one problem: PTMP lets me create or open only sessions that apply to the sampling rate the Firewire 410 is operating in on that specific moment. So if I play a 48kHz WAV file from other audio software, and launch PTMP, it will only open 48 kHz sessions or lets me create only 48 kHz sessions. If I play no audio, the sampling rate drops to 44.1 kHz (default) and launching PTMP in that state will give me only 44.1 kHz creating and opening possibilities.

So, the drop down menu in the create new session dialog only offers the current sampling rate. Opening a session with a "wrong" sampling rate results in a "the sessions playback rate is not supported by the hardware" dialog... I have installed the latest drivers, optimised my system according to the PTMP manual (such as disabling hyperthreading etc...). Running a freshly setup system with up-2-date Win XP... What could go wrong?

Help!
Gert
Old 08-02-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Re: PTMP supports only \"current\" playback rate?

I have noticed similar behavior, and beleive it to be a bug in the software, but haven't had time to properly re-create and document the issue and report it on the bug report form.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 08-05-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Fixed: PTMP supports only \"current\" playback rate?

How simple can it be?

Disable Asus' onboard audio in BIOS. There we go...

I thought it would be nice to play the Windows beep/doing/chord ("hey, you're making a mistake") -sounds through a pair of crappy PC speakers so it wouldn't interfere with my mork. No I'll just have to disable them.

Thanks spkguitar for your time and hope this helps other users.

Gert