Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Native Instruments Komplete Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
This is the final confirmation that Komplete Ultimate 12 will appear shortly.

Stephen
The only thing that throws me off on this, is that only the upgrades are on sale, not the new versions for people who aren't upgrading. Those are still full price.

I don't remember how they usually work these things. For people who buy the new, non-upgrade versions, do they get grandfathered in and get a free upgrade to version 12 when it's released, since they paid full price?

If anyone remembers, let me know. I always thought they put all versions on sale before a new version release, not just upgrades.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
The only thing that throws me off on this, is that only the upgrades are on sale, not the new versions for people who aren't upgrading. Those are still full price.

I don't remember how they usually work these things. For people who buy the new, non-upgrade versions, do they get grandfathered in and get a free upgrade to version 12 when it's released, since they paid full price?

If anyone remembers, let me know. I always thought they put all versions on sale before a new version release, not just upgrades.
I don't recall NI doing free grandfathered upgrades to Komplete. Discounted price but that's about it.

QAPLA!
Old 06-06-2018, 07:45 AM

What do you make of the fact that only the upgrades are on sale, and not the full versions. Are you guys still confident that version 12 will be out soon?
Old 06-06-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
What do you make of the fact that only the upgrades are on sale, and not the full versions. Are you guys still confident that version 12 will be out soon?
It's about time if you look at history, but they could go a 3 years cycle as they have before. But even if it is coming in Oct. this is still a great deal for those wanting to upgrade from standard Komplete to Ultimate and then when 12 comes out your upgrade to 12 Ultimate will be less. Of course it's all essentially the same since they allow upgrades all the way from v2, but time is money as they say.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-07-2018, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Maybe... it will be 2 years in Sept. that's about the right amount of time. BUT, they better have Kontakt 6 and Guitar Rig 6 before they release a new version of Komplete. And they better have some new libraries for us Ultimate users to justify the upgrade cost. Of course I'll probably wait for the summer half price sale for 12 before I upgrade from 11U. I've had this for about 2 years and still haven't been through everything
There was an Apple-style leak from NI itself a while ago based on the NativeAccess.xml, where all the instruments in K12 and K12U were listed. Here's what will be new in 12 Ultimate:

New to 12 and currently unreleased

INSTRUMENTS
Middle East
Kontakt 6
Massive X + Library

EFFECTS
Freak
Dirt

New to 12 Ultimate but already released as standalones

INSTRUMENTS
Strummed Acoustic 2
Kinetic Toys
Thrill
Symphony Essentials Percussion
TRK-01

EXPANSIONS
Elastic Thump
Molten Veil
Queensbridge Story
Marble Rims
Halcyon Sky
True School
Platinum Bounce
Drop Squad Bundle
Lucid Mission
Caribbean Current
Neon Drive
Astral Flutter
Golden Kingdom
Velvet Lounge
Cavern Floor
Lazer Dice
London Grit
Byte Riot
Decoded Forms
Deep Matter

EFFECTS
Choral
Flair
Phasis

Of course this isn't definitive and anything could change / be added to, but it seems extremely plausible given that this list predated the existence of TRK-01 by a month or so.

FWIW, I'm guessing September, but with a voucher for Kontakt 6 which I don't think will be ready in time (it's still not in Beta). I don't think they'll want to wait longer than the 2 year gap, which is the longest its ever been - cashflow etc.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 06-07-2018, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
There was an Apple-style leak from NI itself a while ago based on the NativeAccess.xml, where all the instruments in K12 and K12U were listed. Here's what will be new in 12 Ultimate:

New to 12 and currently unreleased

INSTRUMENTS

Kontakt 6

snippage

FWIW, I'm guessing September, but with a voucher for Kontakt 6 which I don't think will be ready in time (it's still not in Beta). I don't think they'll want to wait longer than the 2 year gap, which is the longest its ever been - cashflow etc.
K6 - finally.

The latest version of K5 requires El Crapitan or later which leaves those of us staying at Yosemite or earlier out of luck. No reason to believe that K6 won't require that or higher.

QAPLA!
Old 06-07-2018, 08:05 AM

I like the news that Kontakt 6 will be here, and Thrill is a great library to be added, Massive X seems interesting, but the rest.... eh, at least for me.

I guess this means NI is giving up in the guitar amp sim area then. I mean its been 8 years since Guitar Rig 5 Pro was released Surely that's enough time to make something better. GR5 it totally stomped by stuff from Bias, Plugin Alliance, Audio Assault, IK Multimedia, Waves, and pretty much any modern amp sim out there. It's not bad for clean tones, but the heavy tones sound like algos that were programmed in 2011. Although things get much better if you use custom IR's.

If this is the real list, I will wait until a 50% off sale before I upgrade to 12U.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-08-2018, 12:16 PM

as a potential new customer I saw something on the NI user forum about purchasing the 'Kompete Select" $199.00 then upgrading to the komplete 11 version for $199.00 grand total of $398.00

anyone done this? a bit more cost effective than $599.

Future System 2021 14inch M1 Pro / 16MB Ram / 512 / Monterrey
Old 06-08-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampmusic View Post
as a potential new customer I saw something on the NI user forum about purchasing the 'Kompete Select" $199.00 then upgrading to the komplete 11 version for $199.00 grand total of $398.00

anyone done this? a bit more cost effective than $599.
That looks interesting.

What I'd worry about is do you have the necessary OSX version to run the current revision of Kontakt 5? For none of the systems you seem to have you don't mention what OSX you have. You're going to need at least El Crapitan or higher to run the current Kontakt 5. PT10 won't run there and you revision of PT11 won't either. EC support wasn't added until PT 12.3.

Considering the above you're going to be spending more money than just for the Komplete s/w. As well as updating your OSX and you don't want to use EC as it's considered the worst OSX version in quite a while (if forever).

QAPLA!
Old 06-08-2018, 02:41 PM

sorry just noticed I hadn't changed my signature in some years lol

Future System 2021 14inch M1 Pro / 16MB Ram / 512 / Monterrey