Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 04-21-2016, 09:17 AM

Default pro tools 10 launching - "this software requires a new version of interLok driver"

I can't launch PT 10. I have reinstalled interlok drivers, every time rebooting my machine, and reinstalled PT 10 too.

I have newest drivers from ilok.com. Everything seems to be ok - I have iLoks in Device Manager list, iLoks are recognized correctly. I can run License Manager and see all my licenses. I have two iLoks: iLok1 and iLok2.

Nothing helps.. Pro Tools still need "newer version of interLok drivers". Trashing preferences also doesn't help. After some "newer drivers" alerts during launching i got DAE error -9514. Still can't launch. Yesterday all was working correctly. Enabling DEP for PT doesn't help.

My machine: Windows 7 x64, Core i5 processor, some SATA disks. Windows is up to date.

Any idea??
Old 04-21-2016, 09:27 AM

Default Re: pro tools 10 launching - "this software requires a new version of interLok driver

I'm wondering if the I-lok 1 is the problem. This is just me grasping at straws, but can you transfer all of the licenses off of the I lok 1 over to the I-lok 2, and remove the "1" from the equation? Worth a try.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:38 AM

Default Re: pro tools 10 launching - "this software requires a new version of interLok driver

I don't think, without iLok1 there is the same too. First alert is always when Pro Tools loading "BF-76 plugin", next on "Maxim" and "Lo-Fi" (AAX). Maybe I should try to move these plugins to "unused" folder
Old 04-21-2016, 10:10 AM

Ok. I fixed 9514 error:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdunjdDEP4

Pro Tools launch now, but still errors "requires newer interlok drivers" and some of my Waves v8 plugins are not active:

"the following plugins were made inactive because of insufficient system resources:

RVox
Doubler
RComp
REQ
Super-Tap
"

Other plugins with iLok1 licenses on work correctly... I don't understand it now.

Will V8 Waves work if I move my licenses from iLok1 to iLok2?