Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 07-26-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Recording MIDI into Pro Tools from Korg Triton

Whats up,

I was woundering if anyone here uses a Korg Triton Classic and records their MIDI performances in the Pro Tools sequencer successfully?

I can't seem to find the information that I need to help clearify things for me so I can set up Pro Tools as the main sequencer and the Triton as the tone generator and keyboard. If anyone has any information i would appriciate it. Or even pointing me in the right direction. Thanks,

Sean1212
Old 07-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Avid

Default Re: Recording MIDI into Pro Tools from Korg Triton

Which Digidesign hardware and/or midi interface are you using?

Typically in Pro Tools, you would just create a MIDI track, make sure it's input tab is set to 'All', then choose the port and midi channel on the output tab that goes back to your Triton. You'll need to assign a sound to that midi channel on the Triton and make sure that it's in multi-timbral mode.

Then, in Pro Tools, create an Aux Input track and set it's input to the input that your Tritons analog outputs are connected to so that you can monitor the sound coming from the Triton.

There is more information in the Pro Tools Reference Guide, which you can get to from the Help menu in Pro Tools or the Documentation folder inside the Digidesign folder on your main hard drive.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:00 PM

Thanks for the advice... I tried to load up a auxillery track but I could'nt hear anything on the play back. What I did was load up a audio track and put it in record mode; the only problem is I have to record audio every time I record MIDI and then go back and delete the audio. I know there has got to be a better way.. I'll keep searching.

By the way I'm running Pro tools LE (I believe it's upgraded to 6.7) rack mount for the PC.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:40 AM

Quote:
I know there has got to be a better way..
That's what the AUX tracks are for. When you set up the aux track, make sure you set the inputs of the aux track to the inputs where the keyboard is plugged in, and make sure you raise the fader of the aux track to a listenable level.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12