Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2011, 05:58 PM

Default anone hookup a HD Omni to Dangerous Dbox

i posted over in gearslutz also hoping to get an answer. Im trying to see if one has or can use all of the features of the Dbox with the HD Omni connected. The Omni looks to be limited to only 8 outs no matter what and that would kill 2 of the outs for digital to use the DAW feature on the Dbox and thus killing the 8 channel summing down to 2.

Has anyone used this combo and have all the features working???
Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Default Re: anone hookup a HD Omni to Dangerous Dbox

You have a couple of options. One is to just use 6 out instead of 8 for your summing, which would leave you 2 out for monitoring (either from the Omni, or analog into the Dbox, or digital into the Dbox).

The other way is to use the hardwired cue out to the headphone jack, get a y adapter to go out of that, and mess of cables and adapters to make it work. I mention that because that could technically allow you to use 8 channels for summing and still have another 2 for monitoring. You would have to configure it properly in your software as well.

I don't own the unit yet, so I haven't tried this, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.