Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2015, 05:20 PM

Default CPU Power issues AAE -9173 errors

Anyone keep getting CPU Power AAE -9173 errors.
I also had a similar error saying I should deactivate elastic tracks..thing is I have none active at all!
PT 11.3.2 HD Native
I was having this issue awhile ago and it seemed to go away all on it's own now for some reason I keep getting the issue all the time! Major work flow slow down. I'm gonna call tech support on monday but this is a nightmare. Avid at one point tried to resolve the issue but couldn't and basically gave up.

we run waves plug-ins and of course all Avid plugs. we also have CEDAR but it's not being used in this project.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

i've uninstalled protools and did a full clean uninstall and reinstall still no luck.

Assuming my pics get attached you can see my processing isn't overloaded etc..

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 7.55.24 PM.png (25.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 8.02.04 PM.png (19.2 KB, 0 views)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 10-31-2015, 09:32 AM

Default Re: CPU Power issues AAE -9173 errors

How about some details on the system?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-31-2015, 01:53 PM

We run an HD native card via a sonnet echo express thunderbolt chassis attached to a late quad core 2012 i7 mac mini with 16 gigs ram.( mac mini is fully Avid approved ) We use the HDMI out on the computer to feed a projector and a 2nd monotior attached to a desktop screen via the thunderbolt chain.

We also have a laCie esata hub attached to the thunderbolt daisy chain.

Like I've said I've been in touch with avid via my tech support plan with no results. The problem went away for awhile then started to come back. Is this a protools issue , plugin issue, hardware issue...

My next test is to revert to my original set up running a late quad-core 2012 macbook pro i7 which ran flawlessly. That set up I was using a second computer via satellite and never had cpu overload issues. The difference in cpu horse power between the 2 units is slight but surprisingly I get more out of the mac mini compared to the laptop.
coryrizos.com
Old 11-01-2015, 03:39 AM

Forgot to mention a couple of things: I'm running HD 11.3.2 on the Mac mini. My OSx is Mountain Lion 10.8.5
We run an Artist series Controller with Eucontrol 3.2.1 ( whatever version that's supposedly approved to run with Mountain lion)

Interstingly enough I also have protools 10 on the same computer and am now surpringly experiencing the same issue in 10 HD!
So who the heck knows what's up. I remember when I was going thru this hell awhile back the avid tech literally spent 3 hours poking around inside my computer( via remote log in) , removing plugins putting them back in, trashing prefs, rebooting etc.... in the end we thought maybe the issue was related to REVIBE or WAVES but that wasn't the case... issue kept occurring. Now it's happening in PT 10 as well.. could be a system wide issue God only knows..

Thankfully I have a clone of my system before all of this started happening again and I'm of the mind to wipe out and restore and see if the issue goes away.

All I can say is this is a Mofo time sucking endeavor that sucks my creative energy and valuable time from paid work.

Worst case is I completely revert back to our previous mix station set up which was running 2 quad core i7 laptops one for satellite video and the other for the main mix rig!! At least that worked!
coryrizos.com