Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Avid

Exclamation Re: Waves Will NOT Be Supporting AAX-DSP!!!

This thread is for discussion of Waves AAX support. Any subsequent posts not related to that topic will be removed. Thank you.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Waves Will NOT Be Supporting AAX-DSP!!!

Thank Go...erm DigiTechSupport.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
As much as I need fake dynamics, fake rooms, fake echos and fake frequency responses.
Iv never used that plug but this pretty much sums it up either way.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFang View Post

This thread is for the (lack of Waves) AAX support...and really you should do your own work. If you don't believe that this is the case...cool.
And you're one amongst many who have taken this thread far afield from the original purpose. Generally when someone says a certain something isn't any good they're able to put forth a few examples of what in their opinion is better. You've said that there are certain plugs that Waves does have better counterparts or that certain Waves plugs aren't any good. If I were to make a statement like that I'd provide examples because I don't expect people to read my mind or maybe even know about what other plugs are out there.

Not everybody knows everything and web searching won't necessarily help either.

QAPLA!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFang View Post
Updating plugs for the venue console is not the same as Waves AAX support. Waves AAX support does not exist...and most likely won't exist in the future.

This thread is for the (lack of Waves) AAX support...and really you should do your own work. If you don't believe that this is the case...cool.
That's where you're wrong, this thread is not about AAX in general, but DSP. It's plain in sight in the title. look up at the title of the thread, see it? yes? good. Waves did announce that they will support AAX native down the line after they were done with V9 and 64 bit. And if you can read corporate, that means that their version of AAX natives should be 64 bit straight out of the box. And by making the public announcement in front of Russ and others avid employee's at namm (which all got it on videos), they made a public commitment that they would do it. It will look even more wrong and probably kill them if they turn back on that.

Wave-T.com