Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins

Old 05-26-2020, 09:52 AM

Default NI stops RTAS authorizations, Native instruments discontinues service center

No Reathorizations for Native Instruments RTAS

If you need to access any projects or libraries with Native Instruments RTAS plugins (or anything on Mac’s before OS 10.9)
you won’t be able to authorize anymore. You will not be able to reauthorize in the event of CPU change or failure, or disk failure or corruption.
So access to older projects may not be possible.

Did anyone receive emails to the account you have Native Instruments software registered to stating that you would no longer be able to authorize NI or libraries dependent on Ni on any system prior to 10.9?
(I didn’t, even though I have multiple accounts).

Which means products they sold just 6 years ago and before will not be activatable on systems the products were specified for.

I have multiple systems with different projects and libraries that won’t be able to reauthorize in the very possible event of a cpu or hard drive failure. That is in addition to not being able to authorize products and libraries that haven’t been authorized yet.

Also even now I have not been able to get “Service Center” to “connect” to Authorize on Mac G5’s. And evidently “offline” activation was stopped by Native Instruments.
And disk cloning isn’t retaining authorizations, to which NI just says “...bad news.”

If someone knows how to get service center to authorize my backup G5 systems I would really welcome the help.

Last edited by spiritG; 05-26-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:02 AM

Default NI Discontinue Authorizations RTAS

Iam posting here because there may be other TDM system owners like me who use a few Native Instruments RTAS plugins, even if everything else is TDM.

Native Instruments is discontinuing authorizations/reauthorizations for RTAS products.

Access to older project may not be possible.

If you need to access any projects or libraries with Native Instruments RTAS plugins (or anything on Mac’s before OS 10.9) you won’t be able to authorize anymore.
You will not be able to reauthorize in the event of CPU change or failure, or disk failure or corruption.

Did anyone receive emails to the account you have Native Instruments software registered to stating that you would no longer be able to authorize NI or libraries dependent on Ni on any system prior to 10.9?
(I didn’t, even though I have multiple accounts).

Which means products they sold just 6 years ago and before will not be activatable on systems the products were specified for.

I have multiple systems with different projects and libraries that won’t be able to reauthorize in the very possible event of a cpu or hard drive failure. That is in addition to not being able to authorize products and libraries that haven’t been authorized yet.

Also even now I have not been able to get “Service Center” to “connect” to Authorize on Mac G5’s. And evidently “offline” activation was previously stopped by Native Instruments.
And disk cloning isn’t retaining authorizations, to which NI just says “...bad news.”

If someone knows how to get service center to authorize my backup G5 systems I would really welcome the help.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2020, 04:14 AM

Default Re: NI stops RTAS authorizations, Native instruments discontinues service center

You are way late. NI long ago stopped supporting RTAS and I remember getting an email to that effect all those years ago. As to CPU replacement I'd not worry about that because you won't find a replacement for those old PPC processors. Hard drive change shouldn't trigger an authorization problem.

Time to retire those old space heater G5's and move into a more modern Mac.

Actually most every developer stopped supporting RTAS long agho.

QAPLA!
Old 05-27-2020, 09:09 AM

Default Re: NI stops RTAS authorizations, Native instruments discontinues service center

Fear of loss will be mitigated by keeping drive clones and images stored in a safe location.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-27-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Fear of loss will be mitigated by keeping drive clones and images stored in a safe location.
OP says his clones/backups don't have the authorizations which I find weird. Every backup I've ever done has carried over all authorizations. Makes me wonder what he's doing.

QAPLA!
Old 05-27-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
OP says his clones/backups don't have the authorizations which I find weird. Every backup I've ever done has carried over all authorizations. Makes me wonder what he's doing.
Yes, curious. But it's been many years since I came close to a G5 or an OS that would run on one.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-27-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Yes, curious. But it's been many years since I came close to a G5 or an OS that would run on one.
Got an old 17 inch Powerbook G4 upstairs in a bedroom drawer. Screen's shot but works okay through an external monitor. I keep it for sentimental reasons. Sure hope the op doesn't have all those G5's powered up and in the same room

QAPLA!
Old 05-28-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Got an old 17 inch Powerbook G4 upstairs in a bedroom drawer. Screen's shot but works okay through an external monitor. I keep it for sentimental reasons. Sure hope the op doesn't have all those G5's powered up and in the same room

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com
Old 07-08-2020, 06:26 AM

Default Re: NI Discontinue Authorizations RTAS

i did last month as i migrated to Mavericks (10.9.5) after years of Snow Leopard + Mountain Lion.

this is a major issue and hated it

your only way is to copy the user folder on a separate HDD and in case you'd have to do a clean install is to use the apple migration assistant program and select apps as well as general user's settings.
Just make sure you make a clean install of all apps before so you really will have a brand new system.
Use the migration assistant after that only.
Mac Pro 2x 2.66GHz 6-Core / 96 Go Ram / PE6R4-i - HD Native - Tempo Sata Pro 6Gb - PTHD : 10 / 11 /12 / Ultimate till 2022.5 - 192 i/o Digidesign - MTPAV - OSX : 10.4 / 10.5 / 10.6.8 / 10.8.5 / 10.9.5 / 10.11.6 / 10.13.6 / 10.14.6 - PowerMac G4 MDD / Pro Tools HD 5.3 / 6 / 7.4x / 8
Old 08-26-2020, 09:27 PM

Default Re: NI Discontinue Authorizations RTAS

Hi,

I am bumping this as I have a similar thread here and its not getting much response either.

Can anyone at least recommend a good way to get ahold of product / tech support for NI?

Thanks,

mightyduck