Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2003, 05:56 AM

Default so about that bounce to disk...

so, just wonderin', ya kno, if Digi's gonna fix that bounce handler problem sometime this millenium.

'twould be nice...

Old 09-03-2003, 08:21 AM

Default Re: so about that bounce to disk...

are you suffering from CPD today ?

Compulsive Posting Disorder

marcus
Old 09-03-2003, 09:55 AM

He's got a point! As great as it is it is NOT a fix to go to MSCONFIG and diable all services on the computer. That defeats the purpose of having drives mapped that are used for data storage for wavs, etc. I have 4 systems that tie into my main Pro Tools system and one has 20 gigs of loops that I use at times. When I go to bounce, I have to disable all services to get it to work. THIS IS NOT A FIX, Rather a pain in the arsh and Digi has had numerous people writting to them about it. I gave them specific examples of what has been happening in my sessions? Their reply is to close all windows that you are not using and if that does not work..... FORMAT your audio drive. UMMmmmmm... NO..... I will even send them the session data if needed to "RE-CREATE" the error. Hell, just go and make 20 + tracks and put some Waves plugs on it, bounce it from 48/24 and there ya have it....

So when can we hear a ddefinite answer if it is being looked at from the DIGI engineers?

This is annoying at the least!
-Doc "disgruntled today sorry"

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 09-03-2003, 11:55 AM

I agree. I purchased a product that does not work as stated. I think this is such an ef-up that it should be handled immediatetly. Remember when 5.3 was released and the input gains on channels 3 thru 8 were reversed. I just about fried my monitors!! And I would have sent Digi the bill. This huge ef-up in 5.3 wasnt resolved until 6.1!!!! We had to wait along time.

Shan

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-03-2003, 07:47 PM

Bump!
Paging Digidesign.....Please address questions in this thread!

Thanks,
bl
Asus A7V8x-x, XP2500+ Barton, 1GB DDR333,
120GB x2 HDDs, ATI Radeon 9000
DaveC = 32 + 6 aux
Old 09-04-2003, 10:04 AM

Bumpity Bump....

Maybe if we say "DIGIDESIGN" enough it will trigger an event to send a request to "DIGIDESIGN" to look into this problem for the "DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS 6.1" BTD error. You know the one that people are getting from running "DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS"

Had to do it.. HELP US DIGIDESIGN!

-Doc

Monument Sound Facebook

Old 09-04-2003, 10:51 AM

DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS DIGIDESIGN PRO TOOLS

hmmm....lets see if that works.

-bl
Asus A7V8x-x, XP2500+ Barton, 1GB DDR333,
120GB x2 HDDs, ATI Radeon 9000
DaveC = 32 + 6 aux
Old 09-04-2003, 12:23 PM

Yo, Butter, chill

Digi never comment on upcoming releases.. considering that AES is around the corner (ast week of Sept.).. it's usually the time of year for Digi to release new products and updates.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 09-04-2003, 12:27 PM

THEN RELEASE IT! Get this thing fixed.... Tired of making it halfway through and having my bounce crap out on me. talk about embarrasing when your client is there in the room while ya bounce to give them something to listen to....

Release the "Crackin" already....

-Doc

Monument Sound Facebook

Old 09-04-2003, 01:05 PM

How's this for a bounce to disk issue:

Athlon XP 2600+, A7N8X DELUXE, 1GB Crucial 3200 Memory, 8x AGP card running at 16bit.

I was just trying to bounce 2 tracks to multiple mono 24-bit (so no conversion necessary) with a couple of effects on the tracks to free up some computrons later in my mix.

I got the "Bounce handler cannot keep up" vex on that too. I've done all the optimizations and all that. Defragged EVERYTHING, got a separate drive for my OS and WAV drives, I have no printer, no network connection, no modem, no scanner.

Bare Bones Pro Tools Specific machine.

The only thing I can think of is when I installed 6.1, I simply uninstalled 5.3.1 and dropped 6.1 on. My waves packages were not uninstalled and worked immediately without the iLok.