Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 12:44 PM

Default MIDI Input Enable box is blank - please help

I am new to PT, but I have scowered the forums and have not seen anyone else with this problem. If I missed it, please forgive me.

The Problem - is the same on both of my laptops. One is a Toshiba M35x and the other is a Toshiba A65.

Installed PT LE 7.3 brand new and I followed the instructions. PT works great for audio (both record and playback) BUT when I click Setup \ MIDI \ Input Devices..... the pop up box for MIDI Input Enable is empty.

Tried to fix the problem...
Uninstalled \ Re- installed
Checked the USB drivers in Device manager, all OK
Verified the chipset "Intel 855GME"
Verified chipset on second computer "ATI 7000IGP"
Disconnected all other USB devices
Tried using different USB cables
Pluggedinto a different USB port, reinstaled drivers.

The Power saver schemes are switched OFF.

Nothing helped. This is strange because it is the same on BOTH of my laptops (which are different and have different chipsets, one is a Pentium 4 and the other is a Centrino) both have toms of memory and both will run my other DAWS and soundcards with NO problems whatsoever.... Cubase 3sx, Cubase 4, Sonar 6 producer, EMU 1616m, LiquidMix, M-audio Uno, Duo......yada, yada. This is all legit, NO warez in the setup.

This is NOT an Mbox2 problem because PT LE MIDI works just fine with the Mbox2 on my desktop (Gateway 5252). The Gateway Desktop is loaded with exactly the same (Steinberg, Cakewalk) DAW set-ups as my laptops.

Not a power supply problem, the Toshiba power supplies are bricks delivering 19 volts at 6.3 amps. Also, I can run multiple USB devices on parasitic (USB) power with no problem. BTW, the ONY thing plugged into the computer is the Mbox2.

Please help, I am stuck. Yes, I have other DAWS (obviously) but I need PT capability as well. THANKS !!