Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Pro Tools/Hdx1 ??

A friend of mine is letting us borrow his Pro Tools rig while he is on tour and when I hooked everything up. (2 Digilink cables to the HDx1 card in the FOH rack) it said something about not all pathways are available and not all tracks would be recorded. ??? Our system uses 64 digital inputs but it looks like we can only record on 48. Or am I missing something

Scott
Old 08-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools/Hdx1 ??

Hi Scott,

A few things to check:
- verify that all ports are being seen in the Pro Tools Hardware Setup dialog. Each HDx port appears as two 16-ch blocks (A1/A2 and B1/B2).
- you may also need to set up I/O paths. Go to the Pro Tools I/O setup window, and if anything looks odd try deleting all paths and re-adding them using the Default button.

There may be more info in the HDx guide. Most of the PT setup stuff is on page 9.

Sheldon
Old 08-07-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools/Hdx1 ??

Hey Sheldon,

Figured it out with Kent Margraves help-- I forgot about the last 16 channels having to be assigned in the patch bay. Amazing how something so obvious gets overlooked. Tks for the prompt response from both of you guys it is really appreciated.

Scott