Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 03:01 PM

Default How Can I Convert a Session From 7.0 to 6.9.1 ?

Hi, Does anyone know how I can convert one of my pro-tools LE 7.0 sessions to a 6.9.1 session?
I have an iMac G5 and am running os 10.4.3 with a digi 002 rack. I need to do this so I can take my session to another studio to record a vocal track. They asked if I could do this in advance but I'm not sure how. Thanks
Old 04-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default Re: How Can I Convert a Session From 7.0 to 6.9.1 ?

Pro Tools Session Compatibility & Interchange
Old 04-14-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: How Can I Convert a Session From 7.0 to 6.9.1 ?

Have you tried to save session copy in? If not, open your session then go to file where you would select save as. Right under there it should have save copy in. Open that and a box should appear with info about how you want to save your session. I don't have my pro tools in front of me so I'm visualizing it in my head. It probably says where you want to save it then there should be a little box somewhere that says pro tools 7.0 and above or something like that. Click that and it should open up a list of all the different grades from 6.9 and below. Pick what you want. At the bottom there should be some selections and a box you can check next to the selections. Make sure you check the box that says all audio files or something like that so you copy your audio files that you recorded. There are other selections like plug-ins and something else. Check what you need (definitely the audio files) and what ever else you might want. After that check everything else out to make sure you have what you want then OK it. It will then start copying the session. That may take a little time. After that if you want to check the session to make sure all is there open it and go to disk allocation to upload your tracks because at first there wont be anything in the session. This may take a few minutes. If all is well make a data dvd or just bring your external hard drive to the other studio. Hope this helps, if not or if you need more details write me back and I'll go to my studio and give you a more accurate walk through.