Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2000, 09:40 AM

Default How to automate waves setups?

If there is such a thing (instead of using individual parameters automation), is it possible to automate global Trueverb setup changes, for example switching from setup A to setup B, etc. I have waves plugins v2.8.1.

Thanks

cm
Old 05-17-2000, 10:32 AM

Default Re: How to automate waves setups?

CM-
I have a v2.3.2 bundle, but I'll take a try at it. Set up your parameters, then go to 'save' in the plug in window..>put into preset menu as>Type set up name>OK. Access from the 'Load' button.

To delete an unwanted preset, use command-click on the load button, and select the preset to delete.
Old 05-17-2000, 01:25 PM

Thanks Qburn,

but to be more clear, what I'm asking is how do you automate Waves setup changes from PT automation somewhat like when I send a program change to an outboard reverb? (if again, that's possible)

Thanks

cm
Old 05-17-2000, 04:00 PM

Yes, it's possible. Make sure you enable every automation parameter from the actual plug in inside of Pro Tools. Go to the automation window in Pro Tools (Command 4) and make sure "plug-ins" is enabled. Make sure any parameters you don't want to overwrite are disabled. (ie. Volume, Panning, etc...) Select the area that you want the current plug-in setting to be active, go to the edit menu and select "Write Automation To All Enabled Parameters" (option+command+/). This will write the program settings to the area you have selected. Now go to the automation window (Command 4) and select "auto suspend". Select another area where you want the program settings to change, readjust the plug-in settings and then do the whole process over again.
Old 05-18-2000, 04:36 AM

Thanks blairl.

This is very helpful.

cm