Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 04-08-2017, 08:29 PM

Default Another tutorial.. Trim editing with the jog wheel in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

So, here is one more for Adobe Premiere.. I think I have maybe 2 more to do for Adobe Premiere. Anyway, this one covers creating custom wheel commands and assigning it to a button on the doc and a softkey. No special appfile or keyboard shortcut files needed. This is all from scratch. The concept can be applied to any application.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz1HJ9X9kdc
Old 04-09-2017, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Another tutorial.. Trim editing with the jog wheel in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Thanks Anthony. These are excellent tutorials even though I'm not using Premiere (Logic Pro X for me).

One thing I noticed is that when you're editing the Jog functionality in EuControl->Soft Keys that I have a lot more options in my Mac OS version of EuControl for the Wheel. At first I thought maybe this was some kind of context sensitive menu that was configured for Logic or possibly audio editing on the Mac but I went into iMovie to compare and the menu is identical.

I'm curious why that part of EuControl would be different between Windows and Mac OS..

Anyway - thanks for the tutorial!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 6.11.25 PM.jpg (51.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-09-2017, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Another tutorial.. Trim editing with the jog wheel in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthtrip View Post
Thanks Anthony. These are excellent tutorials even though I'm not using Premiere (Logic Pro X for me).

One thing I noticed is that when you're editing the Jog functionality in EuControl->Soft Keys that I have a lot more options in my Mac OS version of EuControl for the Wheel. At first I thought maybe this was some kind of context sensitive menu that was configured for Logic or possibly audio editing on the Mac but I went into iMovie to compare and the menu is identical.

I'm curious why that part of EuControl would be different between Windows and Mac OS..

Anyway - thanks for the tutorial!
Thanks! wow, that's awesome. Those have to be commands for logic. If you look in your appset folder, try here:

/Library/ApplicationSupport/Euphonix/UserSets/MC2User/MC_USER_SET__Root/

there might be a new appset file for Logic. That's what happens with Adobe Premiere and Pro Tools. As soon as you enable EUCON it generates a generic appset file.

You can also check here for more info
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ontrol-Appsets
Old 04-10-2017, 07:31 AM

Ah I see those now. And I see you can download them again from Avid if I ever mess things up :)

I'm still trying to work through getting my own workflow configured so I think I'm going to start with a clean slate on my copy and start adding in things I use regularly and just build my own workflow. Most of the defaults that came with the Logic app set don't apply to what I'm doing.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2017, 09:26 AM

Great Job Ant !!

If you make a few more I will ask for a Sticky for you

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-11-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Great Job Ant !!

If you make a few more I will ask for a Sticky for you
Thank you! I actually started recording another one tonight. Jog wheel + Basic Color Corrections in Premiere. I also have at least one more planned after this one, Jog wheel + Position, Scale and Rotation adjustments in Premiere. Then I think that will finish off my Adobe Premiere vids for now. I want to get through some for Adobe Lightroom and then some for Pro Tools.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:32 PM

Thank you for this. Followed your vids and was able to get everything set up for Premiere Pro. That might allow me to keep this until I get Pro Tools sorted.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Windows 10 version 1803 OS Build 17134.228
Pro Tools 10
Pro tools Dock
IPad Mini 4