Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Waves AAX DSP Petition

Signed

I won't upgrade to HDX until Waves releases AAX DSP versions.
I use a lot of Waves plugins. Doesn't make sense to upgrade to HDX to end up with less DSP power handling for waves plugins.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 AM

Many thanks to Stiff for mentioning the petition on http://www.protoolerblog.com

It's bought in quite a lot more signatures this week so we're just one shy of 550!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 AM

Waves are becoming irrelevant in today's market - there are so many BETTER choices out there.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Waves are becoming irrelevant in today's market - there are so many BETTER choices out there.
Not sure how you've come to that conclusion? Waves are by FAR the biggest PI developer out there in EVERY respect. They haven't done an HDX version partly because they don't NEED to. The HDX market is too small for them to make a return on the investment of porting 200+ plug-ins. They don't like HDX anyway. This isn't me speculating but what Waves has told me, (....and Avid as much as four years ago.)

There are a lot of different sounding plug-ins out there, but with respect, "BETTER" is entirely a matter of opinion.

HDX hasn't introduced a slew of brand new plug-ins to the table. The Softube, McDSP and Sonnox stuff has long since been available for TDM. I choose whatever is best for the task at hand. That's sometimes Waves, sometimes not. If you can do without Waves fine but the company's products haven't become inferior just because HDX has been released. The competition was already out there.

Personally, I find it's getting a tad tiresome being told which plug-ins I should or should not be using. I know how to do my job and pay the bills thank you very much.

It's like me saying how the hell are HDX users managing without any decent third party DSP modulation, filter, delay, or mainstream reverb plug-ins because there AREN'T any!!!!! Sticks in the throat a bit doesn't it?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Avid

Exclamation Re: Waves AAX DSP Petition

Please keep all posts on topic in this thread when it reopens. Off topic posts (esp personal attacks or insults) will be removed.
Closed Thread